|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kenny's relationship to Ally?
2. What does Bree say Melanie experiences, which causes Melanie to sleepwalk?
3. What does Mr. Silver say in "Jack 3" that the campground will be?
4. How does Jack feel in "Jack 3" as his mother drives him up to meet with Mr. Silver to go to camp?
5. Who or what are Glen, Eta, and Peggy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What history of the word Eclipse is given at the beginning of Every Soul a Star?
2. In "Bree 2," what are Bree and Clair doing at the mall?
3. What does Ally wear around her neck, and what is the history behind it?
4. What news about Bree's family is Ally surprised to learn in "Ally 4"?
5. Who are the three main characters in Every Soul a Star, and what symbols are they assigned?
6. What concept does Ally have to explain to Bree in "Bree 4"?
7. What happens to a six-year-old boy in "Bree 4" and how does Ally react?
8. What do Ally and Bree plan or work on together in "Bree 4"?
9. How does Bree react when she first notices Ryan?
10. What new fact about Mr. Silver does Jack learn on the bus, and how does Jack react to this new information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters help one another grow in many different ways. Describe two characters you feel made a particularly strong connection and helped one another grow the most. Is there anything surprising about this pairing? Did they help one another evenly, or did one help the other a bit more?
Essay Topic 2
Each character has his or her own priorities throughout Every Soul A Star. Select any two of the following characters' priorities and compare/contrast them with one another. Do either of these characters' priorities change? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the general purpose of an epilogue, and how was it used in Every Soul A Star? Do you feel the author used the epilogues appropriately? Were they necessary? Would you have changed anything about the epilogues?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)