|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the SETI researchers say a request about the pattern Ryan and Ally found possibly indicating alien life would take to analyze?
2. How much older or younger than Ally is the friend she is looking forward to seeing in "Ally 3"?
3. What does one do at the Alien Central Unusual?
4. Who is the first character to comfort the six-year-old boy on the floor in "Bree 4"?
5. Ally acknowledges in "Ally 2" that Kenny is very good at __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ally wear around her neck, and what is the history behind it?
2. Why does Bree feel completely different from her family?
3. In Jack's first essay, what fact does Jack reveal about his dad?
4. How does Ally explain the point of the labyrinth at Moon Shadow?
5. Who is Ryan, and what is his relationship to Ally?
6. What do Bree and Ally share with one another as their dreams for when they are older?
7. In her first essay, how does Ally describe where she lives?
8. What is Bree's initial impression of Ally, as expressed in "Bree 4"?
9. How does Bree react when she first notices Ryan?
10. Why does Jack's science teacher call Jack's mother in "Jack 2," and what does he propose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is more than one set of character foils in Every Soul A Star. Describe one set of character foils, thoroughly explaining why they are foils and what they help readers learn about their foil.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the title of Every Soul A Star. Why do you suppose the author chose the title? What is the meaning or symbolism behind it?
Essay Topic 3
What is the general purpose of an epilogue, and how was it used in Every Soul A Star? Do you feel the author used the epilogues appropriately? Were they necessary? Would you have changed anything about the epilogues?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)