|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bree and Melanie meet up with Clair in "Bree 2"?
2. What does Ally explain is the purpose of the maze at the campground?
3. What do Ally and Bree both do, but for different reasons, at the end of "Ally 4"?
4. Who taught Jack to lucid dream?
5. What does Jack bring to the father of the six-year-old who is on the floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the three main characters in Every Soul a Star, and what symbols are they assigned?
2. What are the six unusual activities available to campers at Moon Shadow?
3. As Jack's mother drops him off with Mr. Silver to attend the camp, what does Mr. Silver have for Jack?
4. Who is Ryan, and what is his relationship to Ally?
5. Describe Ryan and Ally's discussion about friendship while at the Alien Central Unusual.
6. How does Bree react when she first notices Ryan?
7. What does Ally wear around her neck, and what is the history behind it?
8. What do Ally and Bree plan or work on together in "Bree 4"?
9. In "Bree 2," what are Bree and Clair doing at the mall?
10. How does Jack compare to his brother Mike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Ally's fourth essay, she and Ryan are hanging out in the Alien Central Unusual when they discuss friendship. They have very different theories on how and why friendships form. Describe each character's theory on friendship. Explain which character's viewpoint aligns more with your own and how.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story. Describe at least three examples of foreshadowing in Every Soul A Star. Why might the author have opted to use foreshadowing? What are the benefits and drawbacks of foreshadowing for the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is strong throughout Every Soul A Star. Explain the following symbols including what they stand for. Why is the object selected for the symbol appropriate or not appropriate?
• The eclipse
• Ally's meteorite necklace
• The storm in the sixth essays
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)