|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard hugs his nurse-practitioner, he identifies the connection as being one of what?
2. Before becoming a home health aide, what did Bill do for a living?
(a) He was a law clerk.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a travel agent.
(d) He was a shop owner.
3. As the audience applauds in the Prologue to the novel, how does Richard feel?
(a) Like he is loved by everyone and no one.
(b) Like he is on top of the world.
(c) Like he is full of hope.
(d) Like he is about to cry.
4. Who is Trevor?
(a) Richard's father.
(b) Richard's neighbor.
(c) Richard's agent.
(d) Richard's aide.
5. At the end of Chapter Thirteen, Karina informs Richard that he needs to do what?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Come home.
(c) Call his father.
(d) Go into a care facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karina visits Richard in the third chapter, he compares her palate to what?
2. Upon arriving back at his condo in Chapter Twelve, what does Richard find?
3. Where does Elise invite Karina as they take their morning walk in Chapter Eight?
4. What is the name of Richard's last girlfriend?
5. As Karina listens to the music in the coffee shop, what emotions does she experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Karina's thoughts regarding birth and destiny? How are these beliefs illustrated by her own life?
2. Who is Martyna and how did she influence Karina?
3. Who is Kathy DeVillo and how does she help Richard?
4. When Karina visits Richard for the second time, what changes in him does she notice?
5. What information does Karina learn at the graduation party?
6. What happens when Richard goes out in Chapter Twelve?
7. What is the "invisible presence" Richard feels every morning and why does he tell himself to be grateful for it?
8. How did Richard meet Karina? What were his initial impressions of her?
9. What information does Elise give Karina during their morning walk in Chapter Eight?
10. When Karina first visits Richard in his condo, what does she think about Richard's diagnosis? How does this opinion change by the end of her visit?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)