|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue - Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which musician's music plays in the coffee shop while Karina is visiting her daughter?
(a) Miles Davis.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(c) Charlie Parker.
(d) Thelonious Monk.
2. In the Prologue to the novel, Richard notes his playing lacks what?
(a) An emotional connection.
(c) A full crowd.
(d) Technical skill.
3. Where does Karina visit Richard in the third chapter?
(a) Richard's condo.
(b) A recital hall.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) His doctor's office.
4. As Karina listens to the music in the coffee shop, what emotions does she experience?
(c) Longing and sorrow.
5. Why does Richard feel humiliated when Karina visits him in the third chapter?
(a) Because he trips and falls.
(b) Because he forgets important information.
(c) Because he drops a glass.
(d) Because he cannot open a bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Karina visits Richard in the third chapter, he compares her palate to what?
2. In the Prologue to the novel, where is Richard playing?
3. Who is Grace?
4. Who is Trevor?
5. When Karina visits Richard in the third chapter, how does the visit end?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)