Prologue - Chapter 5
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Genova, Lisa. Every Note Played. Scout Press, 2019.
• The prologue begins with Richard playing Schumann in his sold-out solo recital in Miami.
• The crowd does not have a lot of energy, but Richard enjoys playing regardless.
• Tonight, however, Richard notes that while he is “technically flawless” as usual, “he’s not emotionally connected” to the music (2).
• Richard connects this night’s playing to his marriage: he is going through the motions.
• Richard looks forward to the end of the tour in five weeks and anticipates spending the summer in Boston.
• Richard nears the end of the third movement, a hopeful piece, but he does not feel hopeful himself.
• As the audience applauds, Richard feels that he is loved by everyone and no one.
• The chapter begins one year after the...
This section contains 9,919 words
(approx. 34 pages at 300 words per page)