|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What regulation occurs now that the Titanic is midway in its voyage?
2. What is Morgan's state of mind regarding seeing Wallis and Scurra making love?
3. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
4. Who is most enthusiastic about Morgan's rise in the White Star enterprise?
5. What does Morgan do with Melchett and Hopper instead of writing a secret letter to Wallis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene for Morgan when the ship hits the iceberg.
2. Describe the scenario as Morgan hides out in Wallis' stateroom as she makes love with Scurra.
3. What little game does Wallis admit to playing with Morgan's friends the day before?
4. What foreshadowing is revealed in the conversation between Scurra and Morgan regarding Wallis?
5. What is Morgan's state of mind at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. What are the circumstances in which Morgan and Wallis meet and have an unexpected encounter?
7. Describe Morgan's bad dream.
8. What is the premise of Chapter 5?
9. Explain the significance of Morgan's memory of a trip to Mt. Vesuvius as he hides and listens to Wallis and Scurra make love.
10. What little addition to his letter to Wallis does Morgan think she will find appealing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of death. Identify at least two instances about death in the book and then cite an examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does Bainbridge use the settings she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)