|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thoughts of what continually distract Morgan?
(a) An affair with Wallis.
(b) His summer vacation.
(c) His mother's past.
(d) The ship sinking.
2. What does Morgan think adds a dramatic touch to his letter to Wallis?
(a) The purple ink.
(b) The drop of blood.
(c) The heavy paper stock.
(d) His script.
3. With whom does Andrews argue about Titanic's need to reach New York in record time?
(b) Captain Smith.
4. With whom is Wallis making love on the sofa in her stateroom?
5. With whom does Morgan come face-to-face as he opens the foyer door on his way to dinner?
(b) Molly Brown.
(c) John Jacob Astor.
(d) Captain Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lifeboats are aboard the Titanic?
2. What are Morgan and his friends planning for this evening?
3. What does Morgan do with Melchett and Hopper instead of writing a secret letter to Wallis?
4. Morgan experiences his __________ day at sea as Chapter 4 begins.
5. Which of the following topics does Morgan NOT discuss with Rosenfelder about Scurra?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Morgan's thoughts about Wallis and how does he spend his morning thinking of her?
2. Under what circumstances does Scurra reveal that he knew Morgan's mother?
3. Explain the significance of Morgan's memory of a trip to Mt. Vesuvius as he hides and listens to Wallis and Scurra make love.
4. Describe the situation between Morgan and Scurra in which the book's title becomes apparent.
5. How does Morgan learn that Wallis is attracted to him?
6. What is Morgan's state of mind at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. How does Morgan's Sunday morning service compare to that of the steerage passengers?
8. Describe the scenario as Morgan hides out in Wallis' stateroom as she makes love with Scurra.
9. Explain the foreshadowing related to the song sung in the Sunday morning service.
10. What is the incident regarding a snail on deck that Morgan must attend to?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)