|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Andrews spend as an apprentice ship builder?
2. At 11:58 p.m., Captain Smith estimates that the Titanic will remain afloat no longer than how many hours?
3. Thoughts of what continually distract Morgan?
(a) An affair with Wallis.
(b) His mother's past.
(c) The ship sinking.
(d) His summer vacation.
4. In which artist's studio did Scurra meet Morgan's mother?
(c) Van Gogh's.
5. After the ship hits the iceberg, what does Morgan see littering the third-class recreation area?
(a) Life boats.
(b) Deck chairs.
(c) Chunks of ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wallis feeling sad?
2. What philosophical statement does the narrator share at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Morgan observes that not drinking alcohol has a _______________ effect.
4. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
5. What does McKinlay return to Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What little game does Wallis admit to playing with Morgan's friends the day before?
2. Explain the context of the conversation Morgan has with Scurra.
3. Describe the situation between Morgan and Scurra in which the book's title becomes apparent.
4. Describe the scene for Morgan when the ship hits the iceberg.
5. What are the circumstances in which Morgan and Wallis meet and have an unexpected encounter?
6. What are Morgan's thoughts about Wallis and how does he spend his morning thinking of her?
7. Under what circumstances does Scurra reveal that he knew Morgan's mother?
8. Explain the foreshadowing related to the song sung in the Sunday morning service.
9. What is Morgan learning about himself as he talks to some of the older men on board the ship?
10. How does Morgan's Sunday morning service compare to that of the steerage passengers?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)