|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgan loan to Wallis?
(b) Stateroom key.
(c) An overcoat.
(d) A dressing gown.
2. Scurra tells Morgan that his ________ resemble his mother's.
3. Morgan overhears reports of _______________.
(a) More fires in the coal storage area.
(b) A large ice field ahead.
(c) A murder in steerage.
(d) German U-boats in the area.
4. After the ship hits the iceberg, what does Morgan see littering the third-class recreation area?
(a) Life boats.
(b) Chunks of ice.
(c) Deck chairs.
5. What advice of Sissy's does Morgan take regarding a frightful image?
(a) He must sing Christmas carols in his head.
(b) He must picture a giant foot coming down to stomp it flat.
(c) He must picture blue skies and puffy clouds.
(d) He must recite Bible verses.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Chapter 3 take place?
2. What does Morgan notice about his hands?
3. What does McKinlay bring Morgan for his black eye?
4. Why is Wallis feeling sad?
5. With what is Morgan struggling at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What little game does Wallis admit to playing with Morgan's friends the day before?
2. Explain the context of the conversation Morgan has with Scurra.
3. What are Morgan's thoughts about Wallis and how does he spend his morning thinking of her?
4. What foreshadowing is revealed in the conversation between Scurra and Morgan regarding Wallis?
5. Describe Morgan's bad dream.
6. Explain the foreshadowing related to the song sung in the Sunday morning service.
7. What is the incident regarding a snail on deck that Morgan must attend to?
8. What little addition to his letter to Wallis does Morgan think she will find appealing?
9. What is the heated argument Morgan overhears between Andrews and Ismay?
10. Explain the significance of Morgan's memory of a trip to Mt. Vesuvius as he hides and listens to Wallis and Scurra make love.
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)