|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman finds ___________ on deck and insists on kind treatment for it.
(a) A lizard.
(b) A snail.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
2. Morgan experiences his __________ day at sea as Chapter 4 begins.
3. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
(a) Saks Fifth Avenue.
4. Morgan observes that not drinking alcohol has a _______________ effect.
5. What regulation occurs now that the Titanic is midway in its voyage?
(a) The whistles must be tested.
(b) The chef must sterilize the kitchen surfaces.
(c) The stewards must mop the decks.
(d) The boilers must be stoked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Wallis NOT engage in a game yesterday?
2. With whom is Wallis making love on the sofa in her stateroom?
3. With what is Morgan struggling at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. In which artist's studio did Scurra meet Morgan's mother?
5. Which of the following topics does Morgan NOT discuss with Scurra over drinks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Morgan and Wallis meet and have an unexpected encounter?
2. Under what circumstances does Scurra reveal that he knew Morgan's mother?
3. What little addition to his letter to Wallis does Morgan think she will find appealing?
4. Describe the scene for Morgan when the ship hits the iceberg.
5. What little game does Wallis admit to playing with Morgan's friends the day before?
6. Explain the significance of Morgan's memory of a trip to Mt. Vesuvius as he hides and listens to Wallis and Scurra make love.
7. What happens for Morgan who feels that he has at last found his life's work?
8. What is the heated argument Morgan overhears between Andrews and Ismay?
9. Describe the situation between Morgan and Scurra in which the book's title becomes apparent.
10. What is Morgan learning about himself as he talks to some of the older men on board the ship?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)