|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morgan pass the afternoon?
(c) Drinking heavily.
2. What does Morgan hear while in the Marconi telegraph room?
(a) Warnings of many ships in the area.
(b) Congratulatory notices for anniversaries.
(c) Warnings of ice danger ahead.
(d) German war ship sightings.
3. What are Morgan and his friends planning for this evening?
(a) Hang out in steerage.
(b) Have Adele sing in the Palm Court.
(c) Play poker.
(d) Shoot fireworks off the deck.
4. Where does Scurra tell Morgan that he had met Morgan's mother?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Morgan witnesses on passengers in the ship's foyer?
(b) Formal wear.
(c) Dressing gowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Smith is assured that there are adequate _______________.
2. With whom is Wallis making love on the sofa in her stateroom?
3. Morgan experiences his __________ day at sea as Chapter 4 begins.
4. Who is most enthusiastic about Morgan's rise in the White Star enterprise?
5. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morgan learn that Wallis is attracted to him?
2. What foreshadowing is revealed in the conversation between Scurra and Morgan regarding Wallis?
3. Describe the scene for Morgan when the ship hits the iceberg.
4. Describe the scenario as Morgan hides out in Wallis' stateroom as she makes love with Scurra.
5. Explain the context of the conversation Morgan has with Scurra.
6. What happens for Morgan who feels that he has at last found his life's work?
7. What is Morgan's state of mind at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What are Morgan's thoughts about Wallis and how does he spend his morning thinking of her?
9. Explain the significance of Morgan's memory of a trip to Mt. Vesuvius as he hides and listens to Wallis and Scurra make love.
10. Explain the foreshadowing related to the song sung in the Sunday morning service.
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)