|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melchett and Hopper advise Morgan to forget about ____________.
2. With whom is Morgan traveling?
(a) Charlie Melchett.
(b) Charlie McCartney.
(c) Charlie Morgan.
(d) Charlie Manson.
3. What appears imminent for the two people?
4. Morgan is the narrator's ______________ name.
(c) It is not clear.
5. What is this section named?
(c) The Beginning.
(d) Begin at the Beginning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the company that owns the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
2. In which city does Lady Duff Gordon have an office?
3. What port does Morgan arrive at just in time for breakfast?
4. What did the dead man press into Morgan's hand?
5. What is the demeanor of the two people toward each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morgan narrate his experience encountering other passengers boarding the Titanic?
2. Explain the foreshadowing of the coal-blackened stoker and the bagpiper.
3. Describe the ship's docking at Queenstown, Ireland, and what happens there.
4. Who is McKinlay and what is his role?
5. What is the nature of the letter Morgan wants to write?
6. What is observed about the narrator's demeanor from the Prologue?
7. How does the sensual act serve as foreshadowing?
8. What are the two people about to encounter and what is their state of mind?
9. What is the date of the activity noted in the Prologue?
10. How many people are noted in the Prologue?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)