|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader NOT learn about the Titanic in Chapter 1?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its luxury.
(c) Its cost.
(d) Its technology.
2. Who does Morgan take note of in the steerage class?
(a) A blind woman.
(b) A crippled boy.
(c) A tall lady.
(d) A fat man.
3. What is this section named?
(a) The Beginning.
(b) Begin at the Beginning.
4. What is Morgan's perspective of the imminent ordeal?
5. What do the women on the ship take as a bad omen?
(a) A man blackened with coal dust.
(b) A dead bird on deck.
(c) A red sky at morning.
(d) Fish leaping out of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morgan thinks that his uncle puts greater stock in _________ than in riches.
2. What is the state of the water into which the two people will be hurled?
3. What does Morgan's companion do that is so intriguing?
4. In what month does the Prologue take place?
5. What is the relationship of the people in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two people about to encounter and what is their state of mind?
2. Who is Charlie Melchett and what do he and Morgan do together as Titanic gets underway?
3. What act does Morgan find sensual regarding his companion?
4. What is the name of one of the characters from the Prologue?
5. Who are Mr. Ismay and Mr. Andrews and what are their roles?
6. What had the dying man given to Morgan?
7. Describe the ship's docking at Queenstown, Ireland, and what happens there.
8. How does Morgan narrate his experience encountering other passengers boarding the Titanic?
9. What do the two people in the Prologue do with each other?
10. What is known about Morgan from the Prologue?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)