|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
(b) Annabel Lee.
(d) White Star.
2. In what year does the Prologue take place?
3. What does the reader NOT learn about the Titanic in Chapter 1?
(a) Its technology.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its luxury.
(d) Its cost.
4. What does Morgan steal from the house at Princes Gate?
(b) A Faberge egg.
(d) A painting.
5. What is the company that owns the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
(a) White Snow Line.
(b) Twinkling Star Line.
(c) Bright Star Line.
(d) White Star Line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginsberg thinks that the ship is listing to the port side which indicates ______________________.
2. In what month does the Prologue take place?
3. What is the state of the water into which the two people will be hurled?
4. What is the name of the story's narrator?
5. Who is the cousin who helped raise Morgan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is observed about the narrator's demeanor from the Prologue?
2. How does Morgan first learn that there may be a problem with the operations of the Titanic?
3. What had the dying man given to Morgan?
4. What is the name of one of the characters from the Prologue?
5. What is the date of the activity noted in the Prologue?
6. What is Morgan's itinerary and his destination?
7. What are the two people about to encounter and what is their state of mind?
8. How does the sensual act serve as foreshadowing?
9. How does Morgan narrate his experience encountering other passengers boarding the Titanic?
10. What is the story of the tall unnamed woman on board the ship?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)