|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Morgan NOT learn about the tall lady?
(a) She was suicidal.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She was stood up twice.
(d) She was traveling with only the clothes on her back.
2. What appears imminent for the two people?
3. For how long do the two people face each other?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) An instant.
(c) A minute.
(d) A few seconds.
4. What does Morgan learn is true when he is strolling on deck after midnight?
(a) There is a fire in a coal bunker.
(b) The champagne is warm.
(c) The captain has abandoned ship.
(d) There are no life boats.
5. Who is the Captain of the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
(a) Captain Smith.
(b) Captain McCartney.
(c) Captain Jones.
(d) Captain Ismay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of the painting Morgan puts in his stateroom?
2. In what city does the story begin?
3. Which of the following is NOT a passenger on the Titanic?
4. Ginsberg thinks that the ship is listing to the port side which indicates ______________________.
5. What does Morgan question about the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be said about Morgan's personality and motivations?
2. Who is Charlie Melchett and what do he and Morgan do together as Titanic gets underway?
3. How does Morgan first learn that there may be a problem with the operations of the Titanic?
4. What is Morgan's itinerary and his destination?
5. Explain the foreshadowing of the coal-blackened stoker and the bagpiper.
6. What does Morgan do at home where he has been staying and why does he feel guilty about it?
7. What is the nature of the letter Morgan wants to write?
8. What do Morgan and his companions talk about over dinner the first night on board?
9. How does EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF BEGIN?
10. What is the name of one of the characters from the Prologue?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)