|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lifeboats are aboard the Titanic?
2. What regulation occurs now that the Titanic is midway in its voyage?
(a) The boilers must be stoked.
(b) The stewards must mop the decks.
(c) The chef must sterilize the kitchen surfaces.
(d) The whistles must be tested.
3. With what is Morgan struggling at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The letter to his uncle.
(b) His views on life.
(c) The lack of lifeboats.
(d) His feelings for his mother.
4. What happens to Morgan when he is poised to speak at dinner?
(a) He faints.
(b) He gets a fit of laughter.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He loses his voice.
5. What does Morgan do with Melchett and Hopper instead of writing a secret letter to Wallis?
(a) Plays shuffleboard.
(b) Plays racquetball.
(c) Plays cards.
(d) Drinks whiskey.
6. Thoughts of what continually distract Morgan?
(a) His mother's past.
(b) An affair with Wallis.
(c) His summer vacation.
(d) The ship sinking.
7. In which artist's studio did Scurra meet Morgan's mother?
(d) Van Gogh's.
8. Who is most enthusiastic about Morgan's rise in the White Star enterprise?
9. Morgan overhears reports of _______________.
(a) German U-boats in the area.
(b) A murder in steerage.
(c) A large ice field ahead.
(d) More fires in the coal storage area.
10. Where is Morgan struck during the racquetball game?
11. What are Morgan and his friends planning for this evening?
(a) Have Adele sing in the Palm Court.
(b) Hang out in steerage.
(c) Play poker.
(d) Shoot fireworks off the deck.
12. Which of the following is NOT something Morgan witnesses on passengers in the ship's foyer?
(b) Dressing gowns.
(c) Formal wear.
13. What does Morgan want to do while others sleep?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Play cards.
14. With whom is Wallis making love on the sofa in her stateroom?
15. What drops onto the letter Morgan writes to Walls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Morgan do with the snail found on deck?
2. Why is Wallis feeling sad?
3. There is discontented talk aboard ship about whom?
4. On what day does Chapter 3 take place?
5. Andrews tells Morgan that in order to be a ship builder, "you must think while others sleep, read while others ____________."
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)