|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morgan invite Scurra into his stateroom?
(a) To read his letter to Wallis.
(b) To look at his antique cuff links.
(c) To have a drink.
(d) To smoke a cigar.
2. Why is Wallis feeling sad?
(a) She just broke up with her boyfriend.
(b) She wanted to stay in Europe longer.
(c) She lost her mink coat.
(d) She thinks Morgan is avoiding her.
3. Which of the following did Wallis NOT engage in a game yesterday?
4. Where does Morgan go to mull over his letter?
(a) His stateroom.
(b) The writing room.
(c) The promenade deck.
(d) The smoking room.
5. With whom does Morgan come face-to-face as he opens the foyer door on his way to dinner?
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Molly Brown.
(d) John Jacob Astor.
6. Scurra tells Morgan that his ________ resemble his mother's.
7. Which of the following is NOT an aspect of Morgan's bad dream?
(a) Scratching in the dust.
(b) Riding a unicorn.
(c) Carrying an infant.
(d) Turning into an infant.
8. What game does Morgan play later that evening?
9. Which of the following does NOT describe Morgan's behavior following the embarrassing sexual interlude between Wallis and Scurra?
(a) He bears no residual grudge toward Scurra.
(b) He is only minimally bitter toward Wallis.
(c) He is able to keep his vow of not drinking to excess.
(d) He apologizes profusely for the intrusion.
10. What does McKinlay return to Morgan?
(a) Morgan's mother's picture.
(b) His passport.
(c) His tuxedo.
(d) His diamond cuff links.
11. Which of the following does Wallis NOT do when Morgan embraces her?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Walks away from him.
(c) Beats him with her fists.
(d) Tells him to drink coffee.
12. What is Morgan's state of mind regarding seeing Wallis and Scurra making love?
(a) He is going to remember it forever.
(b) He vows to forget it.
(c) He is going to challenge Scurra.
(d) He is going to approach Wallis about it.
13. What does the steward tell Morgan that several passengers are having?
(a) Sea sickness.
(b) Drinks on the promenade deck.
(c) Dinner with the captain.
14. What does Morgan drink before going out on deck for fresh air?
(b) Red wine.
15. For what does Morgan apologize to Wallis?
(a) Getting drunk at dinner tonight.
(b) Stepping on her feet while dancing.
(c) Insulting her dress last night.
(d) Embracing her abruptly in the foyer yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morgan pass the afternoon?
2. What philosophical statement does the narrator share at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
4. Who is most enthusiastic about Morgan's rise in the White Star enterprise?
5. Morgan observes that not drinking alcohol has a _______________ effect.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)