|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At breakfast Morgan discovers that _________ likes him.
2. For what does Morgan apologize to Wallis?
(a) Embracing her abruptly in the foyer yesterday.
(b) Insulting her dress last night.
(c) Stepping on her feet while dancing.
(d) Getting drunk at dinner tonight.
3. What did Morgan do with the snail found on deck?
(a) Stepped on it.
(b) Gave it to the chef.
(c) Put it in his pocket.
(d) Tossed it overboard.
4. Wallis notes that Morgan does not _____________ as his friends do.
(a) "Skim the surface."
(b) "Dance as well."
(c) "Insult her intelligence."
(d) "Flirt with her."
5. What does Morgan hear while in the Marconi telegraph room?
(a) Congratulatory notices for anniversaries.
(b) German war ship sightings.
(c) Warnings of many ships in the area.
(d) Warnings of ice danger ahead.
6. What happens to the note Morgan writes to Wallis?
(a) It falls overboard.
(b) A dog snatches it.
(c) He tears it up.
(d) A steward delivers it.
7. Morgan alters a phrase in the letter which could be construed to mean that __________________.
(a) He regrets the time he has spent with Wallis.
(b) He wants to marry Wallis.
(c) He cannot live without Wallis.
(d) He does not want to see Wallis again.
8. Why is Wallis feeling sad?
(a) She lost her mink coat.
(b) She wanted to stay in Europe longer.
(c) She thinks Morgan is avoiding her.
(d) She just broke up with her boyfriend.
9. A woman finds ___________ on deck and insists on kind treatment for it.
(a) A dog.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A snail.
(d) A cat.
10. How many lifeboats are aboard the Titanic?
11. Rosenfelder hopes to sell Adele's dress style to whom?
(b) Saks Fifth Avenue.
12. What does Morgan want to do while others sleep?
(a) Get drunk.
(c) Play cards.
13. In which artist's studio did Scurra meet Morgan's mother?
(b) Van Gogh's.
14. Andrews tells Morgan that in order to be a ship builder, "you must think while others sleep, read while others ____________."
15. Where is Morgan struck during the racquetball game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McKinlay return to Morgan?
2. Morgan overhears reports of _______________.
3. How does Morgan pass the afternoon?
4. Scurra tells Morgan that his ________ resemble his mother's.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Morgan's behavior following the embarrassing sexual interlude between Wallis and Scurra?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)