|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Morgan's companion?
2. What is the name of the story's narrator?
3. What is the relationship of the people in the Prologue?
(c) Husband and wife.
4. Morgan calls the first class passengers _____________________________.
(a) "Icons on the Titanic."
(b) "One big unhappy family."
(c) "A fine mess."
(d) "Men among men."
5. The stranger's death is the beginning of the exploration of what topic for Morgan?
6. Where is the dead man taken to await the coroner?
(a) A church.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A barbershop.
(d) A pool hall.
7. What is the state of the water into which the two people will be hurled?
(b) Low tide.
(c) High waves.
8. What is the stranger doing when the narrator comes upon him?
(a) Shooting pool.
(b) Hanging by his coat from a railing.
(c) Running from the police.
(d) Opening a bottle of wine.
9. What did the dead man press into Morgan's hand?
(a) A lottery ticket.
(b) A key.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A locket.
10. In what city does the story begin?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) London, England.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
11. Where does Morgan go to write the letter to his uncle?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) The main deck.
(c) The library.
(d) The stateroom.
12. What did the dying stranger say to Morgan?
(a) "I know who I am."
(b) "I know who you are."
(c) "I saw what you did las summer."
(d) "Please find my son."
13. With whom is Morgan traveling?
(a) Charlie Melchett.
(b) Charlie Manson.
(c) Charlie Morgan.
(d) Charlie McCartney.
14. Who is the Captain of the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
(a) Captain Jones.
(b) Captain Ismay.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Captain McCartney.
15. With whom is Morgan swimming at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tall lady let out a fierce cry?
2. What does Morgan learn is true when he is strolling on deck after midnight?
3. Morgan finds the cleaning of the glasses to be _______________.
4. Whose dinner party is Morgan obliged to attend?
5. Who is the gossipy steward on C Deck?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)