|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morgan calls the first class passengers _____________________________.
(a) "A fine mess."
(b) "Icons on the Titanic."
(c) "Men among men."
(d) "One big unhappy family."
2. Ginsberg thinks that the ship is listing to the port side which indicates ______________________.
(a) Inexperienced captain.
(b) Strong headwinds.
(c) A fire in a bunker.
(d) An iceberg ahead.
3. What do the women on the ship take as a bad omen?
(a) A dead bird on deck.
(b) A red sky at morning.
(c) A man blackened with coal dust.
(d) Fish leaping out of the sea.
4. What is this section named?
(c) Begin at the Beginning.
(d) The Beginning.
5. What port does Morgan arrive at just in time for breakfast?
(b) New York.
6. Which of the following does NOT describe Morgan?
7. Morgan finds the cleaning of the glasses to be _______________.
8. What appears imminent for the two people?
9. The two people encourage each other to be _________________.
10. What is the stranger doing when the narrator comes upon him?
(a) Shooting pool.
(b) Running from the police.
(c) Hanging by his coat from a railing.
(d) Opening a bottle of wine.
11. How many pages is the Prologue?
12. What is the name of the tall lady?
(a) Adele Barnes.
(b) Adele Barnsworth.
(c) Adelaide Baines.
(d) Adele Baines.
13. For how long do the two people face each other?
(a) A minute.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A few seconds.
(d) An instant.
14. Morgan thinks that his uncle puts greater stock in _________ than in riches.
15. Why does the tall lady let out a fierce cry?
(a) She almost falls overboard.
(b) A strange man accosts her.
(c) Her dress is ripped.
(d) Her friend had not boarded at Queenstown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morgan thinks that everyone one he meets seems to share ______________.
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation at Lady Duff Gordon's dinner party?
3. The stranger's death is the beginning of the exploration of what topic for Morgan?
4. What do the two people encourage each other to do?
5. What is Scurra's prominent physical characteristic?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)