|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morgan finds the cleaning of the glasses to be _______________.
2. With what does the other person clean the glasses?
(a) Dish cloth.
3. What is the company that owns the ship on which Morgan is sailing?
(a) White Snow Line.
(b) Twinkling Star Line.
(c) White Star Line.
(d) Bright Star Line.
4. In what year does the Prologue take place?
5. What is the name of the tall lady?
(a) Adele Baines.
(b) Adelaide Baines.
(c) Adele Barnsworth.
(d) Adele Barnes.
6. What is the ordeal facing the two people?
(a) Burning building.
(c) Car crash.
(d) Plane crash.
7. Whose dinner party is Morgan obliged to attend?
(a) Lady Duff Gordon's.
(b) Adele Baines'.
(c) John Jacob Astor's.
(d) Molly Brown's.
8. Which of the following does Morgan NOT learn about the tall lady?
(a) She was suicidal.
(b) She was stood up twice.
(c) She was traveling with only the clothes on her back.
(d) She is blind.
9. Where does Morgan go to write the letter to his uncle?
(a) The main deck.
(b) The captain's quarters.
(c) The library.
(d) The stateroom.
10. In what city does the story begin?
(a) London, England.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Madrid, Spain.
11. Why does the tall lady let out a fierce cry?
(a) Her friend had not boarded at Queenstown.
(b) She almost falls overboard.
(c) Her dress is ripped.
(d) A strange man accosts her.
12. What is Scurra's prominent physical characteristic?
(a) Split lip.
(b) Tattoed bald head.
(c) Missing ear.
13. Who is the cousin who helped raise Morgan?
14. What is the stranger doing when the narrator comes upon him?
(a) Opening a bottle of wine.
(b) Shooting pool.
(c) Running from the police.
(d) Hanging by his coat from a railing.
15. What did the dying stranger say to Morgan?
(a) "I know who you are."
(b) "Please find my son."
(c) "I saw what you did las summer."
(d) "I know who I am."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the demeanor of the two people toward each other?
2. On what date does the story begin?
3. What does Morgan's companion do that is so intriguing?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation at Lady Duff Gordon's dinner party?
5. Who is the childhood friend and college roommate Morgan encounters on board ship?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)