|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Reverend Poole makes A realize that he is possessed?
2. What gender is Vic?
3. What is the name of Zara's girlfriend?
4. How do Finn's peers react to A at school?
5. Why does A tell Rhiannon they cannot meet her when they are Marc?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Dana's parents so upset with their daughter on the day A inhabits her body?
2. Why does A think that Alexander is the kind of person they try to be?
3. Why is A so anxious after getting an email from Rhiannon on the day they are Lisa Marshal?
4. Why does Rhiannon ask for another fortune cookie at the Chinese restaurant she goes to with A, and what does it say?
5. Why does Rhiannon tell A that she cannot stay committed to their relationship anymore?
6. What word does A accidentally utter at the end of the date with Dawn?
7. Why is A's date with Rhiannon so awkward when they are inhabiting Finn Taylor?
8. Who does A meet when they go to Nathan's house as Ainsley Mills, and what do they tell A?
9. What does Rhiannon tell A she remembers about the day that A inhabited her?
10. What explanation does A give Rhiannon for being a virgin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A steps into the body of a different person every day, with no family, friends, or personal history to claim as their own. How does the experience of being different every day shape the way A sees and understands the world around them?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of unconditional love is a major theme in the novel. What characters demonstrate yielding unconditional love, and for whom? What characters want to love unconditionally, but are ultimately unable to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay analyzing the novel’s theme of self-acceptance. Why is it difficult for A to accept themselves for what they are, and how does A demonstrate improvement in this respect throughout the novel?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)