|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds a meeting with the townspeople at the Elk Horn Motor Lodge in Chapter 94?
(a) The Undersecretary.
(b) The Governor.
(c) The Assistant Undersecretary.
(d) The Mayor.
2. Chapter 77 begins, "It was about two minutes on the _____ side of the sunrise."
3. Who dies in the scrimmage at the climax of the novel?
(d) The Countess.
4. What does Robbins write is not in love with England in Chapter 97?
(b) New York.
(d) Richmond, Virginia.
5. In Chapter 111a., Robbins writes, "____ is nothing more than an identification or illumination of common objects and everyday events until they shine with their singular nature."
Short Answer Questions
1. Sissy states the Chink's belief that the bias for order leads to _____ in Chapter 65.
2. Who arrives in Chapter 108?
3. What single word is in Chapter 73?
4. What type of accident does the artisan have who created the village given to Sissy?
5. What does the Chink use as a musical instrument in Chapter 74?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
2. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
3. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
4. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
5. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
6. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
7. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
8. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
9. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
10. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)