|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the student chef who Julian arranges for Sissy to meet in Chapter 52?
2. What does Robbins write is now a roadside zoo in Chapter 95?
(c) New York.
3. Robbins writes in Chapter 95, "To the extent that this world surrenders its richness and diversity, it surrenders its" what?
4. Which cowgirl volunteers to be a hostage to the authorities in Chapter 94?
5. What does the Chink use as a musical instrument in Chapter 74?
(a) A cigar box.
(b) A nail file.
(c) A tuba.
(d) A milk jug.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 111a., Robbins writes, "____ is nothing more than an identification or illumination of common objects and everyday events until they shine with their singular nature."
2. In Chapter 52, Julian gives Sissy a miniature village for Christmas. What kind of village is it?
3. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
4. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
5. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
2. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
3. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
4. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
5. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
6. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
7. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
8. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
9. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
10. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)