|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chink tells Sissy that she is too what for current events to infect her?
2. What does the doctor suggest to Sissy that they go into the garden with, in Chapter 55?
(a) A box of kleenex.
(b) A bottle of brandy.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A sandwich.
3. Who arrives in Chapter 108?
(a) Billy West.
(b) The Chink.
(c) Billy Mae.
4. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 110 to not confuse symmetry with what?
5. Carnival season takes place just before what holiday?
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of crazy people does Dr. Goldman say there are in Chapter 55?
2. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
3. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
4. Who is the intern who takes on Sissy's case in Chapter 55?
5. To whom is Julian speaking of Sissy's psychological state in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
2. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
3. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
4. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
5. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
6. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
7. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
8. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
9. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
10. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)