|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 52, Julian gives Sissy a miniature village for Christmas. What kind of village is it?
(c) New England.
2. What does Robbins write is now a roadside zoo in Chapter 95?
(d) New York.
3. Who is recuperating in the hospital at the end of the novel?
(a) The Chink.
4. What can Julian hear gathering its dusting forces, in Chapter 83?
5. How many outsiders of the Clock people were killed by arrows between 1965-1969?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in Chapter 108?
2. What does Sissy say is smutty business in Chapter 70?
3. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that Christianity is a what kind of religion?
4. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
5. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
2. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
3. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
4. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
5. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
6. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
7. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
8. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
9. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
10. What are society's standards regarding Sissy's relationships with Jellybean and the Chink?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)