|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Julian hear gathering its dusting forces, in Chapter 83?
2. The Chink tells Sissy that she is too what for current events to infect her?
3. What does the Chink use as a musical instrument in Chapter 74?
(a) A tuba.
(b) A nail file.
(c) A cigar box.
(d) A milk jug.
4. Who writes to Sissy in Chapter 56?
(a) Bonanza Jellybean.
(b) Dr. Robbins.
(c) Dr. Goldman.
(d) The Countess.
5. The official referred to in Chapter 79 is from what country's Wildlife Service?
(b) The U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Chink dwelt with the Clock People?
2. Robbins writes in Chapter 65 that the mass of humanity has minds like what?
3. From what Wildlife refuge in Texas is the male observer in Chapter 94?
4. What classical work does Robbins cite in Chapter 77?
5. Who is made the manager of the ranch at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
2. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
3. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
4. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
5. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
6. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
7. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
8. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
9. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
10. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)