|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robbins writes in Chapter 95, "To the extent that this world surrenders its richness and diversity, it surrenders its" what?
2. Who is recuperating in the hospital at the end of the novel?
(b) The Chink.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 116, Robbins writes that the cowgirls felt what?
4. Who writes to Sissy in Chapter 56?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Bonanza Jellybean.
(c) Dr. Goldman.
(d) Dr. Robbins.
5. Who is the intern who takes on Sissy's case in Chapter 55?
(a) Dr. Robbins.
(b) Dr. Swathmore.
(c) Dr. Goldman.
(d) Dr. Glitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chink tells Sissy that she is too what for current events to infect her?
2. What does Sissy say is smutty business in Chapter 70?
3. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
4. Who holds a meeting with the townspeople at the Elk Horn Motor Lodge in Chapter 94?
5. From what Wildlife refuge in Texas is the male observer in Chapter 94?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
2. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
3. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
4. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
5. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
6. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
7. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
8. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
9. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
10. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)