|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What single word is in Chapter 73?
2. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
(a) Dandy Ranch.
(b) Bubblegum Ranch.
(c) Mystery Ranch.
(d) Cowgirl Ranch.
3. Which cowgirl volunteers to be a hostage to the authorities in Chapter 94?
4. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
5. In what year did the Chink move to the shack west of the Great Burrow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
2. Who kisses Sissy when she returns to the ranch in Chapter 104?
3. From what Wildlife refuge in Texas is the male observer in Chapter 94?
4. What "seasonette" does Robbins write has persisted, in Chapter 72?
5. Who writes to Sissy in Chapter 56?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
2. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
3. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
4. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
5. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
6. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
7. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
8. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
9. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
10. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)