|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
(a) The Barths.
(b) The Wilsons.
(c) The Kennedys.
(d) The Swathmores.
2. The Chink places garlands of what on Sissy's thumbs in Chapter 74?
3. Who is made the manager of the ranch at the end of the novel?
(b) The Chink.
4. Who is recuperating in the hospital at the end of the novel?
(d) The Chink.
5. Who is the intern who takes on Sissy's case in Chapter 55?
(a) Dr. Robbins.
(b) Dr. Goldman.
(c) Dr. Swathmore.
(d) Dr. Glitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robbins write about that got sick of the publicity, in Chapter 72?
2. What does Delores have a package of in Chapter 106?
3. Carnival season takes place just before what holiday?
4. What does Dr. Robbins call a pompous word in Chapter 75?
5. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
2. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
3. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
4. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
5. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
6. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
7. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
8. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
9. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
10. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)