|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Robbins write was blind, in Chapter 77?
2. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
3. When does Sissy return to New York in Chapter 53?
(a) December 30.
(b) February 14.
(c) October 8.
(d) October 31.
4. In Chapter 80, Robbins writes that the Secretary of the Interior was what kind of man?
5. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
(a) The line.
(b) The nurses.
(c) The snail.
(d) The clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chink tells Sissy that she is too what for current events to infect her?
2. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
3. What does Dr. Robbins call a pompous word in Chapter 75?
4. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
5. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
2. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
3. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
4. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
5. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
6. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
7. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
8. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
9. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
10. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)