|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outsiders of the Clock people were killed by arrows between 1965-1969?
2. In Chapter 52, Julian gives Sissy a miniature village for Christmas. What kind of village is it?
(b) New England.
3. Robbins calls Chapter 100 a bottle of what?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Fine Scotch.
(d) Pinot Noir.
4. What is the first name of the female observer who comes to the ranch in Chapter 94?
5. Who is recuperating in the hospital at the end of the novel?
(c) The Chink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the VA Hospital from which Sissy calls Dr. Robbins in Chapter 96?
2. What "seasonette" does Robbins write has persisted, in Chapter 72?
3. Who is dreaming about her diabetic mother in the beginning of Chapter 77?
4. What is the Chink stitching in Chapter 72?
5. When does Sissy return to New York in Chapter 53?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
2. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
3. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
4. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
5. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
6. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
7. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
8. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
9. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
10. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)