|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
(a) The Barths.
(b) The Swathmores.
(c) The Wilsons.
(d) The Kennedys.
2. What does the Chink use as a musical instrument in Chapter 74?
(a) A nail file.
(b) A tuba.
(c) A cigar box.
(d) A milk jug.
3. Who dies in the scrimmage at the climax of the novel?
(d) The Countess.
4. What does Robbins write is now a roadside zoo in Chapter 95?
(b) New York.
5. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 110 to not confuse symmetry with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The cowgirls on the ranch put a Lifesaver in one cheek and a what in the other while riding?
2. How many outsiders of the Clock people were killed by arrows between 1965-1969?
3. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
4. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that he is spiritually a very what kind of man?
5. What does Dr. Robbins call a pompous word in Chapter 75?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
2. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
3. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
4. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
5. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
6. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
7. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
8. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
9. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
10. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)