|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is made the manager of the ranch at the end of the novel?
(b) The Chink.
2. What do the Professor and observer request to do to one of the whooping cranes in Chapter 94?
(a) Stun it.
(b) Kill it.
(c) Mate it.
(d) Alter it.
3. What does Sissy say is smutty business in Chapter 70?
4. What does the Chink say is always ending, and not ending, in Chapter 65?
5. Who is dreaming about her diabetic mother in the beginning of Chapter 77?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robbins calls Chapter 100 a bottle of what?
2. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 110 to not confuse symmetry with what?
3. What does Robbins write is not in love with England in Chapter 97?
4. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
5. Dr. Robbins calls in what, in Chapter 76?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
2. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
3. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
4. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
5. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
6. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
7. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
8. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
9. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
10. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)