|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classical work does Robbins cite in Chapter 77?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Illiad.
(d) The Aenead.
2. What has been found in the beginning of Chapter 94?
(a) The minivan.
(b) The whooping cranes.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The cowgirls.
3. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
(a) Dandy Ranch.
(b) Mystery Ranch.
(c) Bubblegum Ranch.
(d) Cowgirl Ranch.
4. What does Dr. Robbins call a pompous word in Chapter 75?
5. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cowgirl volunteers to be a hostage to the authorities in Chapter 94?
2. Carnival season takes place just before what holiday?
3. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
4. What author does Robbins write was blind, in Chapter 77?
5. Who is dreaming about her diabetic mother in the beginning of Chapter 77?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
2. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
3. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
4. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
5. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
6. What are society's standards regarding Sissy's relationships with Jellybean and the Chink?
7. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
8. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
9. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
10. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)