|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chink places garlands of what on Sissy's thumbs in Chapter 74?
2. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
(a) The Living Mud Puddle.
(b) The Story of the Icebergs.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
(d) The Lone Crusador.
3. What does the doctor suggest to Sissy that they go into the garden with, in Chapter 55?
(a) A box of kleenex.
(b) A bottle of brandy.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A sandwich.
4. Carnival season takes place just before what holiday?
(b) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Yom Kippur.
5. Who dies in the scrimmage at the climax of the novel?
(d) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
2. Who holds a meeting with the townspeople at the Elk Horn Motor Lodge in Chapter 94?
3. What does Robbins write is now a roadside zoo in Chapter 95?
4. What has been found in the beginning of Chapter 94?
5. What is Sissy missing when she returns to the ranch in Chapter 104?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
2. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
3. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
4. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
5. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
6. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
7. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
8. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
9. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
10. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)