|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 110 to not confuse symmetry with what?
2. How many types of crazy people does Dr. Goldman say there are in Chapter 55?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 116, Robbins writes that the cowgirls felt what?
4. What type of accident does the artisan have who created the village given to Sissy?
5. The cowgirls on the ranch put a Lifesaver in one cheek and a what in the other while riding?
(c) Chewing gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "seasonette" does Robbins write has persisted, in Chapter 72?
2. Who is made the manager of the ranch at the end of the novel?
3. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that he is spiritually a very what kind of man?
4. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
5. What is the Chink stitching in Chapter 72?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
2. Who is Professor Nelson, and what interaction does she have with the cowgirls in Part Five?
3. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
4. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
5. What takes place on the Rubber Rose Ranch in Chapters 52-62 between the cowgirls and Sissy?
6. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
7. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
8. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
9. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
10. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)