|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
2. Robbins suggests that Sissy go out for a what in Chapter 82?
(c) Hot dog.
3. What does Sissy say is smutty business in Chapter 70?
4. In what month is Chapter 66 set?
5. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that Christianity is a what kind of religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 110 to not confuse symmetry with what?
2. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
3. What does the Chink say is always ending, and not ending, in Chapter 65?
4. What "seasonette" does Robbins write has persisted, in Chapter 72?
5. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
2. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
3. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
4. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
5. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
6. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
7. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
8. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
9. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
10. What do the whooping cranes represent symbolically in the text?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)