|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official referred to in Chapter 79 is from what country's Wildlife Service?
(c) The U.S.
2. Robbins suggests that Sissy go out for a what in Chapter 82?
(b) Hot dog.
3. What has been found in the beginning of Chapter 94?
(a) The whooping cranes.
(b) The cowgirls.
(c) The minivan.
(d) The eagles.
4. In Chapter 52, Julian gives Sissy a miniature village for Christmas. What kind of village is it?
(d) New England.
5. Dr. Robbins states in Chapter 65 that to live one must be prepared to what?
(b) Face fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classical work does Robbins cite in Chapter 77?
2. Robbins writes in Chapter 95, "To the extent that this world surrenders its richness and diversity, it surrenders its" what?
3. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that Christianity is a what kind of religion?
4. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
5. To whom is Julian speaking of Sissy's psychological state in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Chink express to Sissy that he realized about the Clock People waiting for the Eternity of Joy?
2. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
3. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
4. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
5. What is Robbins representing symbolically by the confrontations of Sissy in Part Five, with the Countess and Julian?
6. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
7. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
8. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
9. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
10. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)