|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
(a) The Kennedys.
(b) The Swathmores.
(c) The Barths.
(d) The Wilsons.
2. In what month is Chapter 66 set?
3. What does Bonanza say she is willing to die for, if not the cranes, in Chapter 105?
(a) The Chink.
(b) The meaning.
(c) The love.
(d) The cowgirls.
4. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
(a) Mystery Ranch.
(b) Cowgirl Ranch.
(c) Dandy Ranch.
(d) Bubblegum Ranch.
5. What single word is in Chapter 73?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
2. What is the Chink stitching in Chapter 72?
3. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
4. What is the first name of the female observer who comes to the ranch in Chapter 94?
5. The official referred to in Chapter 79 is from what country's Wildlife Service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sissy learn of the happenings of the Rubber Rose Ranch in Part 5?
2. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
3. Who does the author reveal himself to be in the end of the novel? What is his objective in the plot?
4. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
5. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
6. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
7. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
8. What are society's standards regarding Sissy's relationships with Jellybean and the Chink?
9. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
10. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)