|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Julian speaking of Sissy's psychological state in Chapter 54?
(a) Dr. Jameson.
(b) Dr. Kilmore.
(c) Dr. Goldman.
(d) Dr. Richardson.
2. What can Julian hear gathering its dusting forces, in Chapter 83?
3. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
4. What do the Professor and observer request to do to one of the whooping cranes in Chapter 94?
(a) Stun it.
(b) Alter it.
(c) Mate it.
(d) Kill it.
5. How many outsiders of the Clock people were killed by arrows between 1965-1969?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of accident does the artisan have who created the village given to Sissy?
2. In Chapter 111a., Robbins writes, "____ is nothing more than an identification or illumination of common objects and everyday events until they shine with their singular nature."
3. Who writes to Sissy in Chapter 56?
4. Carnival season takes place just before what holiday?
5. What do the Clock People not believe in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chink tell Sissy of his feelings toward the cowgirls in Part Four, Chapters 72-78?
2. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
3. What does the Chink tell Sissy of the role of women in religion in Part Four?
4. When does Sissy return to New York in Part Four, and what does she find upon her arrival?
5. Describe the Chink's relationship with the Clock People as Sissy relates it in Part Four to Dr. Robbins.
6. How does Sissy feel to be back on the ranch in Part Five?
7. In Part Five, when does the Countess visit, and what does he have to say to Sissy about the whopping cranes?
8. What are society's standards regarding Sissy's relationships with Jellybean and the Chink?
9. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
10. What is the state of Sissy at the end of the novel? What are her plans for the future?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)