|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The snail.
(c) The line.
(d) The clock.
2. Dr. Robbins calls in what, in Chapter 76?
3. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
4. How long has the Chink dwelt with the Clock People?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 26 years.
5. What does Robbins write about that got sick of the publicity, in Chapter 72?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The grass.
(c) The jellybeans.
(d) The bluebirds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robbins writes in Chapter 65 that the mass of humanity has minds like what?
2. Dr. Robbins states in Chapter 65 that to live one must be prepared to what?
3. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that he is spiritually a very what kind of man?
4. Chapter 77 begins, "It was about two minutes on the _____ side of the sunrise."
5. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are society's standards regarding Sissy's relationships with Jellybean and the Chink?
2. What does Dr. Goldman decide after Sissy's evaluation in Part Four?
3. What does the Chink teach Sissy about nature in Part Four?
4. When Sissy goes to see the Chink in Part Five, what takes place on the ranch?
5. What does Sissy do after her return home to Julian in Part Five?
6. What does Robbins (the author) assert happened to the power of women in civilization over time? How does he represent through Sissy's story?
7. What confrontation takes place between Dr. Goldman and Dr. Robbins in Part Four, regarding Sissy?
8. Why does Julian take Sissy to see a doctor in Part Four? What is his initial reaction to Julian's concerns?
9. Why does the Chink refuse to help those around him find enlightenment, according to Sissy in Part Four?
10. What leads to Sissy's assault of the Countess in Part Five? How does it take place?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)