|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the intern who takes on Sissy's case in Chapter 55?
(a) Dr. Swathmore.
(b) Dr. Goldman.
(c) Dr. Glitch.
(d) Dr. Robbins.
2. Dr. Robbins believes that the central problem facing the human race is what?
3. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
(a) The clock.
(b) The snail.
(c) The line.
(d) The nurses.
4. Who is the student chef who Julian arranges for Sissy to meet in Chapter 52?
5. What has been found in the beginning of Chapter 94?
(a) The cowgirls.
(b) The whooping cranes.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The minivan.
6. How long has the Chink dwelt with the Clock People?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 26 years.
(d) 15 years.
7. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
8. Who holds a meeting with the townspeople at the Elk Horn Motor Lodge in Chapter 94?
(a) The Assistant Undersecretary.
(b) The Undersecretary.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Mayor.
9. Robbins calls Chapter 100 a bottle of what?
(b) Pinot Noir.
(c) Fine Scotch.
(d) Coca Cola.
10. What type of accident does the artisan have who created the village given to Sissy?
11. What classical work does Robbins cite in Chapter 77?
(a) The Illiad.
(b) The Aenead.
(d) The Odyssey.
12. The official referred to in Chapter 79 is from what country's Wildlife Service?
(a) The U.S.
13. What is Sissy missing when she returns to the ranch in Chapter 104?
(a) A thumb.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her suitcase.
14. What can Julian hear gathering its dusting forces, in Chapter 83?
15. What single word is in Chapter 73?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is made the manager of the ranch at the end of the novel?
2. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
3. What does the Chink use as a musical instrument in Chapter 74?
4. The Chink informs Sissy in Chapter 72 that the spiritual wealth of the East is not what with Western culture?
5. What does Robbins write is not in love with England in Chapter 97?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)