|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 52, Julian gives Sissy a miniature village for Christmas. What kind of village is it?
(d) New England.
2. Robbins calls Chapter 100 a bottle of what?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Pinot Noir.
(c) Fine Scotch.
3. In what year did the Chink move to the shack west of the Great Burrow?
4. What is the name of the Disney film the cinematographers go to create in Chapter 54?
(a) The Living Mud Puddle.
(b) The Story of the Icebergs.
(c) The Lone Crusador.
(d) The Last of the Mohicans.
5. When does Sissy return to New York in Chapter 53?
(a) October 31.
(b) October 8.
(c) December 30.
(d) February 14.
6. How many types of crazy people does Dr. Goldman say there are in Chapter 55?
7. The Chink tells Sissy that she is too what for current events to infect her?
8. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that he is spiritually a very what kind of man?
9. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
(a) The Kennedys.
(b) The Swathmores.
(c) The Barths.
(d) The Wilsons.
10. What does the media refer to the ranch as in Chapter 97?
(a) Bubblegum Ranch.
(b) Dandy Ranch.
(c) Cowgirl Ranch.
(d) Mystery Ranch.
11. Some how many thousand years ago did the North American continent "finally get up the nerve to kick the last of the glaciers out of its parlor"?
12. The official referred to in Chapter 79 is from what country's Wildlife Service?
(c) The U.S.
13. What is the first name of the female observer who comes to the ranch in Chapter 94?
14. Robbins writes in Chapter 65 that the mass of humanity has minds like what?
(b) Soft wax.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
15. Who is dreaming about her diabetic mother in the beginning of Chapter 77?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bonanza say she is willing to die for, if not the cranes, in Chapter 105?
2. Of which Burrow is the Chink an honorary member?
3. The Chink informs Sissy in Chapter 72 that the spiritual wealth of the East is not what with Western culture?
4. Chapter 77 begins, "It was about two minutes on the _____ side of the sunrise."
5. What do the Professor and observer request to do to one of the whooping cranes in Chapter 94?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)