|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What classical work does Robbins cite in Chapter 77?
(a) The Illiad.
(c) The Aenead.
(d) The Odyssey.
2. Robbins writes in Chapter 65 that the mass of humanity has minds like what?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Soft wax.
3. What does Robbins write about that got sick of the publicity, in Chapter 72?
(a) The grass.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The bluebirds.
(d) The jellybeans.
4. The Chink tells Sissy in Chapter 72 that he is spiritually a very what kind of man?
5. What is Sissy shocked by the presence of when she returns to the ranch?
6. What has been found in the beginning of Chapter 94?
(a) The cowgirls.
(b) The minivan.
(c) The whooping cranes.
(d) The eagles.
7. Who kisses Sissy when she returns to the ranch in Chapter 104?
(a) Bonanza Jellybean.
(b) Dr. Robbins.
(d) Big Red.
8. How many types of crazy people does Dr. Goldman say there are in Chapter 55?
9. Who writes to Sissy in Chapter 56?
(a) Dr. Robbins.
(b) Bonanza Jellybean.
(c) The Countess.
(d) Dr. Goldman.
10. What moves unusually slowly in the hospital, in Chapter 84?
(a) The snail.
(b) The clock.
(c) The line.
(d) The nurses.
11. Who are the Gitches meeting for New Year's in Chapter 53?
(a) The Barths.
(b) The Kennedys.
(c) The Wilsons.
(d) The Swathmores.
12. Who arrives in Chapter 108?
(a) The Chink.
(b) Billy West.
(d) Billy Mae.
13. Who is recuperating in the hospital at the end of the novel?
(a) The Chink.
14. The Chink informs Sissy in Chapter 72 that the spiritual wealth of the East is not what with Western culture?
15. What do the Professor and observer request to do to one of the whooping cranes in Chapter 94?
(a) Alter it.
(b) Stun it.
(c) Mate it.
(d) Kill it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dreaming about her diabetic mother in the beginning of Chapter 77?
2. What does Robbins write is not in love with England in Chapter 97?
3. What single word is in Chapter 73?
4. Dr. Robbins believes that the central problem facing the human race is what?
5. How long has the Chink dwelt with the Clock People?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)