|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 7 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Madame Duval introduce Evelina to?
(a) The Greenvilles.
(b) The Branghtons.
(c) The Bromptons.
(d) The Tierneys.
2. What explanation does Rev. Villars offer for Lord Orville’s reply letter?
(a) Lord Orville was simply being humorous.
(b) Lord Orville did not write it.
(c) Lord Orville was drunk when he wrote it.
(d) Lord Orville is an unfit choice for Evelina.
3. Which character actively pursues Lady Louisa Larpent?
(a) Lord Orville.
(b) Sir Clement Willoughby.
(c) Captain Mirvan.
(d) Lord Merton.
4. Whom does Evelina go for a walk with one night down a dark street?
(a) Captain Mirvan.
(b) Polly and Biddy Branghton.
(c) Sir Clement Willoughby.
(d) Lord Orville.
5. Who plans on visiting Mrs. Beaumont’s house?
(a) Evelina and Lady Louisa Larpent.
(b) Madame Duval and Rev. Villars.
(c) Lady Louisa Larpent and her brother.
(d) Lady Howard and Rev. Villars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Evelina to the health resort?
2. What happens to Evelina after being with Lord Orville at Mrs. Beaumont’s house?
3. While out with her constant companions, how does Evelina feel when she bumps into Lord Orville and Sir Willougby?
4. Who made the comment that Lord Orville was “designed for the last age”?
5. Who suggests a trip for Evelina’s recovery from bad health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Evelina returns to Berryhill after her visit to London?
2. What are the circumstances under which Evelina saves Mr. Macartney?
3. What does Evelina do when she finds out about the Branghtons’ shenanigans?
4. What does Rev. Villars suggest for Evelina to do so that her health will improve?
5. Who are Evelina’s companions while visiting Madame Duval in London? How does Evelina feel about their companionship?
6. What scheme do Madame Duval and the Branghtons carry out when they find out that Evelina has connections to Lord Orville?
7. How does Sir Clement Willoughby come to Evelina’s rescue?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)