|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 7 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the comment that Lord Orville was “designed for the last age”?
(a) Lord Merton.
(b) Mrs. Selwyn.
(d) Mrs. Beaumont.
2. Who goes with Evelina to the health resort?
(a) Mrs. Mirvan.
(b) Lady Howard.
(c) Madame Duval.
(d) Mrs. Selwyn.
3. What happens while Evelina is at the health resort?
(a) She forgets about Lord Orville.
(b) Her health declines.
(c) She becomes angry with Rev. Villars.
(d) Her health improves.
4. When Evelina is ignored, who sits next to her and begins a conversation?
(a) Lord Merton.
(b) Lord Orville.
(c) Sir Clement Willoughby.
(d) Lady Louisa Larpent.
5. Who is Mr. Macartney?
(a) A close friend of Lord Orville.
(b) A friend of Sir Clement Willoughby.
(c) A servant of Lord Orville.
(d) A poor, Scottish poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Louisa Larpent the sister of?
2. What does Mr. Macartney have in his hand when Evelina finds him in his room?
3. Who is one of Mrs. Beaumont’s friends?
4. Who rescues Evelina from her late night encounter with a group of men?
5. What happens to Evelina because of her depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Evelina do when she finds out about the Branghtons’ shenanigans?
2. What does Rev. Villars suggest for Evelina to do so that her health will improve?
3. Who are Evelina’s companions while visiting Madame Duval in London? How does Evelina feel about their companionship?
4. What happens when Evelina returns to Berryhill after her visit to London?
5. What scheme do Madame Duval and the Branghtons carry out when they find out that Evelina has connections to Lord Orville?
6. How does Sir Clement Willoughby come to Evelina’s rescue?
7. What are the circumstances under which Evelina saves Mr. Macartney?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)