|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelina buy at the mercer?
2. Who is Miss Evelyn’s mother?
(b) Mrs. Mirvan.
(c) Lady Howard.
(d) Madame Duval.
3. Where does Madame Duval ask Rev. Villars to allow Evelina to?
4. To whom is Letter II written?
(a) Mr. Villars.
(b) Madame Duval.
(c) Lady Howard.
(d) Mrs. Mirvan.
5. What is Evelina’s overall opinion of Captain Mirvan?
(a) That he is respectful and honorable.
(b) That he is deceitful and arrogant.
(c) That he is vulgar and surly.
(d) That he is handsome and intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Evelina dance at the ball?
2. To which two fortunes is the granddaughter of Madame Duval an heir?
3. Who delivers Letter V?
4. In Letter X, how does Evelina feel about the upcoming ball?
5. How does Evelina react to Madame Duval’s plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What family relationship deeply affected Frances Burney’s writing?
2. Why did Frances Burney’s brother first approach a publisher as the author of Evelina?
3. Who is Mrs. Beauchamp, and what role does she play in bringing Evelina and Lord Orville back together?
4. What does Reverend Villars wish for Evelina’s death?
5. How does the story begin?
6. Who are Lady Louisa Larpent and her suitor?
7. What is Miss Belmont’s true identity?
8. What is Evelina’s first reaction to marrying Lord Orville in such haste as Sir Belmont suggests?
9. Who confesses to having intercepted Evelina’s letter to Lord Orville? What else does the person confess to having done concerning the letter?
10. How does Reverend Villars feel about Evelina’s marriage to Lord Orville?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)