1. Who is the author of Evelina?
2. Whom does the author address in a poem at the beginning of the book?
3. Which group of writers is addressed at the beginning of the book?
4. According to the author, how much time has this “trifling attempt” at writing taken?
A few idle hours.
5. According to the author’s biography at the end of the book, how many years did the author live?
Almost 88 years.
6. What was the author’s full name?
7. Under whose name was Evelina originally published in 1778?
8. How well was the author received when her identity became known?
She became famous immediately.
This section contains 4,491 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)