|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mr. Villars write in Letter XXIX to sympathize with Evelina’s concerns?
(a) Lady Howard.
(b) Madame Duval.
(d) Sir John Belmont.
2. The writer of Letter I has just received a letter from whom?
(a) Sir John Belmont.
(b) Lady Howard.
(c) Rev. M. Villars.
(d) Madame Duval.
3. To whom did Rev. Villars make a promise about protecting Evelina?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
4. Who is Monsieur Du Bois?
(a) A French warrant officer.
(b) A gentleman friend of Madame Duval.
(c) A friend of Captain Mirvan.
(d) A friend of Mrs. Mirvan.
5. What was Evelina’s first reaction to the first man who asked her to dance at the ball?
(a) She had to keep from laughing.
(b) She blushed profusely.
(c) She was thankful that he asked.
(d) She was frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers Letter V?
2. In Letter XXIV, Rev. Villars looks forward to seeing _________________.
3. With whom did Evelina dance at the ball?
4. After attending the first event in London, Evelina intends to ________________________.
5. According to Letter XXXII, who is the London visitor at Howard Grove?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)