|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which two fortunes is the granddaughter of Madame Duval an heir?
(a) Mr. Villars. and Sir John Belmont’s.
(b) Sir John Belmont’s and Mr. Evelyn’s.
(c) Lady Howard’s and Madame Duval’s.
(d) Madame Duval’s and Mr. Evelyn’s.
2. In Letter XXIV, Rev. Villars looks forward to seeing _________________.
(a) Evelina is an educated woman.
(b) Evelina as a contented spinster.
(c) Evelina as a revered lady in her neighborhood.
(d) Evelina is a powerful woman.
3. By what name does Mr. Villars call his ward?
(c) Miss Mirvan.
4. Who came to Evelina’s defense when the foppish man makes fun of her at the ball?
(a) A foppish man without a name.
(b) Captain Mirvan.
(c) Lord Orville.
5. Why does Lady Howard think it’s better to approach Sir Belmont now rather than later?
(a) He will die and dealing with his heirs will be next to impossible.
(b) He is making inquiries about Evelina’s paternity.
(c) He is about to leave the country.
(d) He is about to go to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mirvan choose Kensington Gardens as a possibility for a walk?
2. Where does Lady Howard live?
3. Who travels with Mr. Villars’ ward to Howard Grove?
4. In Letter XXVI, how does Lady Howard feel about Madame Duval’s plans?
5. What was Evelina’s response to the first man’s question about her “already being engaged with a more fortunate man”?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)