|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelina say in Letter XI about the men’s behavior at the ball?
(a) The men looked with amusement eyes as they walked past the women.
(b) The men smirked at homely women and looked with ravenous eyes at the beautiful ladies.
(c) The men treated the women with great respect and honored their wishes.
(d) The men looked as though they thought the women were only there for the men’s pleasure.
2. Who writes Letter I?
(a) Lady Howard.
(b) Madame Duval.
(c) Sir John Belmont.
(d) Rev. M. Villars.
3. Who accompanies Evelina to London?
(a) Lady Howard and Maria.
(b) Mrs. Mirvan and Maria.
(c) Mrs. Clinton and Maria.
(d) Maria only.
4. How does Evelina describe the first man who asked her to dance at the ball?
(a) He was respectful, yet ugly.
(b) His was well groomed, but he very ugly.
(c) His dress was foppish, but his face was handsome.
(d) His dress was foppish, and he was very ugly.
5. To whom did Rev. Villars make a promise about protecting Evelina?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miss Evelyn die?
2. In Letter XXVII, how does Lady Howard feel that Sir Belmont will react to claiming Evelina as his child?
3. Which country does Madame Duval want to visit?
4. Why does Evelina remain in London for a while instead of returning to Howard Grove?
5. What remark does Captain Mirvan make to his daughter Maria upon seeing her?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)