|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Mirvan choose Kensington Gardens as a possibility for a walk?
(a) It is closer to their hotel.
(b) It is close to the Palace.
(c) It has better company than the Park.
(d) It has more beautiful grounds than the Park.
2. How does Evelina describe the first man who asked her to dance at the ball?
(a) He was respectful, yet ugly.
(b) His dress was foppish, and he was very ugly.
(c) His dress was foppish, but his face was handsome.
(d) His was well groomed, but he very ugly.
3. Where does Madame Duval live?
(c) The United States.
4. What Frenchman is thought to have been arrested in London, according to Sir Clement’s story?
(a) Monsieur Andre.
(b) Monsieur Duval.
(c) Monsieur Du Bois.
(d) Monsieur Lovell.
5. Who writes Letter I?
(a) Rev. M. Villars.
(b) Lady Howard.
(c) Madame Duval.
(d) Sir John Belmont.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Mr. Villars call his ward?
2. What does Evelina say about writing a letter every evening to Mr. Villars?
3. In years past, what made Rev. Villars almost lose his Christianity?
4. At the close of Letter X, how does Evelina feel about her to letters to Rev. Villars, thus far?
5. In Letter X, how does Evelina feel about the upcoming ball?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)