|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter X, how does Evelina feel about the upcoming ball?
(a) Very excited.
(b) Very fearful.
(c) Half afraid.
(d) Half excited.
2. To whom is Letter I written?
(a) Sir John Belmont.
(b) Madame Duval.
(c) Lady Howard.
(d) Rev. M. Villars.
3. Who is Mrs. Mirvan?
(a) Madame Duval's daughter.
(b) Lady Howard’s housekeeper.
(c) Madame Duval's neighbor.
(d) Lady Howard’s daughter.
4. After attending the first event in London, Evelina intends to ________________________.
(a) Learn how to do the minuet.
(b) Ask Mrs. Mirvan to go to a play every night.
(c) Ask Mrs. Mirvan to go to as many balls as possible.
(d) Learn the finer points of social etiquette.
5. At the close of Letter X, how does Evelina feel about her to letters to Rev. Villars, thus far?
(a) They divulge too much information.
(b) They are too few in number.
(c) They are too chatty.
(d) They are unworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Madame Duval live?
2. Who is being detained in England?
3. What does Evelina say about writing a letter every evening to Mr. Villars?
4. In Letter XXIV, Rev. Villars is delighted to write to Evelina, who is ________________.
5. How does Evelina react to Madame Duval’s plan?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)