|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter X - Letter XXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Villars live?
(b) Queen's Court.
(c) Howard Grove.
(d) Berry Hill.
2. The writer of Letter I has just received a letter from whom?
(a) Rev. M. Villars.
(b) Sir John Belmont.
(c) Lady Howard.
(d) Madame Duval.
3. How does Evelina describe the men who wait on the ladies at the millinery?
(a) So attentive, so handsome!
(b) So debonair!
(c) So well dressed!
(d) So finical, so affected!
4. How much money did Mr. Evelyn bequeath to Mr. Villars?
(a) 1000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
5. What event does Evelina attend when she first arrives in London?
(a) A sports event.
(b) A large ball.
(c) A formal dinner.
(d) A theater production.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the ladies treated at the shops while shopping?
2. Who came to Evelina’s defense when the foppish man makes fun of her at the ball?
3. At the close of Letter X, how does Evelina feel about her to letters to Rev. Villars, thus far?
4. What nickname does Captain Mirvan give to Madame Duval?
5. Who writes Letter I?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)