Letter I - Letter IX
• Lady Howard writes Letter I to Rev. Arthur Villars concerning his ward, Evelina.
• Evelina is allowed to visit Howard Grove.
• Lady Howard asks Rev. Villars’ permission for Evelina to go on a trip to London.
• Rev. Villars gives permission for Evelina to go to London.
Letter X - Letter XXIII
• Evelina attends a ball and makes a social error.
• Evelina turns an ugly man down at the ball, but she accepts a dance from Lord Orville.
• Evelina is intrigued by Lord Orville.
• While in London, Evelina and the Mirvans run into Madame Duval.
• Evelina, Madame Duval, and the Mirvans return to Howard Grove.
Letter XXIV - Letter XXXIX
• The Mirvans’ bickering makes Howard Grove a difficult place for Evelina.
• Madame Duval tells Evelina about her plan to ask Sir Belmont to claim Evelina as his own.
• Madame Duval’s plan shocks and horrifies...
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)