|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose glasses does Bobo snatch and bite in half?
2. Which of the chimps does Sniff move over to make room for Eva in a tree where they take shelter from the typhoon?
3. Who is Mimi's lawyer?
4. When Eva is told about the typhoon, approximately how long will it be before the storm hits?
5. What was the name of the person who was transferred into Caesar's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Stefan and Sasha after their neuron transfers?
2. Why doesn't Eva allow the chimps to accept the food that is dropped by airship after the chimps' escape?
3. Who is Grog?
4. How does Eva think that Sniff got her away from the searchers?
5. What did botanists say about food for the chimps on the island?
6. What are Eva's chimp and human minds telling her when searchers come to the woods where she and the others are hiding?
7. Why didn't Eva go get help when Wang got sick?
8. Describe the door that Eva and the humans use to enter and exit the reserve.
9. Why had Lulu never reared a baby of her own?
10. Why does Grog believe that the chimps have to learn to live without help from the humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On day twelve of the fourth month after Eva's awakening, Eva asks whom she belongs to. Discuss who, if anyone, owns Eva.
Essay Topic 2
During the sixth month, second day after Eva's awakening, she and her parents discuss her ability to have children. Discuss the scenarios that might occur if Eva had children and how the three of them feel about these possibilities.
Essay Topic 3
On day twenty-five of the second month of her awakening, Eva ventures beyond the walls of her room for the first time. As she does so, she uses analogies to describe how she feels about the transition. Discuss analogies and how they are used in the novel.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)