|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Mimi always wear?
2. Which doctor does Joan want to consult regarding the problems with adjustment that Caesar and the human inside him seem to be having?
3. What color are Grog's eyes when she visits him in the hospital?
4. How many days does it take for Eva and the chimps to get to the island?
5. Who is the brightest of the other female chimps that are in the commercial with Bobo and Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it a problem when Tatters became boss of the group?
2. As the typhoon lessens, how does Eva get the chimps to forage for food?
3. What are Eva's chimp and human minds telling her when searchers come to the woods where she and the others are hiding?
4. How does Eva get Bobo to calm down?
5. What happens when Eva leaves the Reserve through the door that humans use?
6. Why had the winter been tough in the Reserve?
7. Why didn't Eva go get help when Wang got sick?
8. Why had Lulu never reared a baby of her own?
9. How does Eva think that Sniff got her away from the searchers?
10. Why does Grog believe that the chimps have to learn to live without help from the humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On day twelve of the fourth month after Eva's awakening, she goes home. Compare and contrast Eva's and her mother's reactions to Eva's return home.
Essay Topic 2
During the ninth month, fourteenth day, Grog and Eva once again argue about moving the chimps to the wild. Discuss why Grog and Eva change their minds about moving the chimps to the wild.
Essay Topic 3
In the sixth month, second day after Eva's awakening, Eva has become famous. Compare and contrast how various groups react to Eva and to her fame.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)