|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color tracksuit is Eva wearing in a video shown on Mr. Ellan's show?
2. Who was the lonely chimp that Eva heard crying at the hospital?
3. What sport did Eva play at school?
4. Where did Eva have a scar?
5. How is Eva lying at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the crowds of kids at school affect Eva?
2. How does Jane Callaway suggest solving the problem of publicity surrounding Eva and her family?
3. In what way had Eva been one of her father's research projects even before the accident?
4. Why was Robbo about to lose his job?
5. How was Eva injured?
6. Why wouldn't Kelly have ever climbed a tree?
7. Why is Eva's fame partially her fault?
8. Why is it difficult for Eva's mother to see the changes in her daughter?
9. Why does Eva try to use chimp grunts rather than human words?
10. On Mr. Ellan's show about Eva, what did a camera show about Mr. Ellan's reaction to Eva's kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the sixth month, second day after Eva's awakening, she and her parents discuss her ability to have children. Discuss the scenarios that might occur if Eva had children and how the three of them feel about these possibilities.
Essay Topic 2
During month six, day ten Eva is allowed to go to the chimp pool. Discuss why and how Eva has to earn the approval of the chimps.
Essay Topic 3
During the eighth month, twenty-ninth day, Eva finds herself in the midst of a territorial battle between two males. Discuss the chimp hierarchy and Eva's effect on the authority of the group.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)