|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jane Callaway?
2. What is Eva's father's first name?
3. What doesn't Eva have enough time to do?
4. What color is Eva's mother's hair?
5. During the sixth month, second day after Eva's awakening, how many chimps were available to use for the neuron transplant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eva's fame partially her fault?
2. Describe what Eva sees in the mirror at the beginning of day seven.
3. Why does Eva kiss Mr. Ellan?
4. Who are watching Eva in her hospital bed on Day One?
5. What does Eva do when her parents tell her that she cannot go to the chimp pool?
6. How was Eva's procedure and care paid for?
7. Why does Eva decide that more and more neuron transfers will be completed?
8. Why did Eva have an argument with her father after her first visit to the chimp pool after her transplant?
9. Why is it difficult for Eva's mother to see the changes in her daughter?
10. Why does Eva think that it will take a long time for her speech to return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eva meets Grog during a commercial shoot. Discuss Grog and his relationship with characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
During the sixth month, second day after Eva's awakening, she and her parents discuss her ability to have children. Discuss the scenarios that might occur if Eva had children and how the three of them feel about these possibilities.
Essay Topic 3
In Section 12, Eva thinks to herself that the "human Eva [must be] no more than a guest at a wedding." Discuss that statement and what it means to Eva.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)