|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane Callaway have to drink when she meets Eva for the first time?
2. Who is the enemy in the cartoon that Eva watches on Day 6?
3. Where are trees grown as a crop?
4. How long do the trees grow when they are grown for a crop?
5. What is Eva shown doing in an old video of her that is shown at the beginning of Mr. Ellan's show?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Eva's procedure and care paid for?
2. Who comes to the door while Mrs. Adamson and Eva watch Mr. Ellan's show?
3. Why is Eva able to build a tower higher than any chimp could have done?
4. Why is the ghost especially prevalent the first morning Eva wakes at home?
5. Why wouldn't the police help when reporters surrounded the Adamson apartment?
6. What group of chimps does Eva try to join the first time she goes to the chimp pool after her transplant?
7. Who are watching Eva in her hospital bed on Day One?
8. How was Eva injured?
9. What does Eva do when her parents tell her that she cannot go to the chimp pool?
10. In what way does Eva believe that people are judged by their speech?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Section 12, Eva thinks to herself that the "human Eva [must be] no more than a guest at a wedding." Discuss that statement and what it means to Eva.
Essay Topic 2
On days seven and seventeen, Eva's dreams begin to change. Discuss Eva's dreams and how they change.
Essay Topic 3
On day twelve of the fourth month after Eva's awakening, she goes home. Compare and contrast Eva's and her mother's reactions to Eva's return home.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)