|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf wish regarding his father's death?
2. What is the name of the village where Rolf's uncle lives?
3. How old is Eva when she is looking for Huberto in the city in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Eva rip off Patrona's wig?
5. How old was Consuelo when she met El Portuguese?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
2. How does the family react when Lukas returns from war?
3. What is Eva's time working for the Cabinet member like?
4. What request is made by the Professor on his deathbed and is it obeyed?
5. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
6. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
7. What are some of the horrible things Lukas Carle does to his family?
8. What is the relationship between Rolf and his cousins?
9. How does the Halabi household change with the arrival of Kamal?
10. How is Eva's life in Agua Santa different from her life previous to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Family is seen throughout the novel. Please compare and contrast Eva's family situation with Rolf's as a child. What effect did their family and upbringing have on Eva and Rolf as people?
Essay Topic 2
The plot is essential to every novel. Please touch on what a plot is and the various parts of the plot. Break down the plot for Eva Luna.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what role the resolution plays in a plot line and explain the resolution of Eva Luna. As the reader, do you feel as though this resolution left the reader satisfied? Why or why not?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)