|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of soldiers come into the small village where Rolf and his family live?
2. How long are Rolf and his cousin lovers before they put an end to it?
3. What does Uncle Rupert hope to teach his nephew?
4. What is the country's leader called?
5. How old is Eva when she is looking for Huberto in the city in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lukas' absence affect his family when he goes to war?
2. Why is Rolf sent to South America?
3. What is the relationship between Rolf and his cousins?
4. What request is made by the Professor on his deathbed and is it obeyed?
5. What happens when Jochen finally stands up to his father?
6. Please describe Elvira.
7. What are the two hypotheses of how Lukas Carle was killed?
8. Please describe Melesio.
9. What is Zulema and Riad's marriage like?
10. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please explain what characterization is and why it is a vital part of a novel. Please choose one character from Eva Luna and summarize how the author used characterization in connecting the reader to this character.
Essay Topic 2
Zulema plays a crucial role in the life of Eva. Please briefly explain who Zulema was and explain what her effect on Eva's life was. Do you believe that Eva's life may have turned out differently if Zulema was not in it or if Zulema's actions had been different than those in the story?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, Riad has a physical deformity that he must live with. Please explain how such deformities were looked at by the society at the time this book was written. Compare and contrast the Zulema's and Eva's treatment of this physical deformity.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)