|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf hope for his father while he is in prison?
2. How does Eva view Riad's cleft lip?
3. What is the name of the mountain town where Riad takes Eva?
4. Why does Rolf think himself unmanly as a child?
5. What does Huberto do on the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Zulema and Riad's marriage like?
2. What happens to Madrina after her baby is born deformed?
3. What do the Russian soldiers do to the townspeople in Chapter 2?
4. What happens the day Riad first arrives in Santa Agua?
5. How does Consuelo instill a sense of imagination in her daughter?
6. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
7. What is the relationship between Rolf and his cousins?
8. Please describe Elvira.
9. How is Eva's life in Agua Santa different from her life previous to this?
10. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Riad comes into Eva's life at a dire moment and gives her a renewed life. Please explain their relationship when they first meet. How does this relationship grow and develop throughout the rest of the story? What role does Riad fulfill in Eva's life?
Essay Topic 2
Romantic relationships can be seen throughout this novel. Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship between Eva and Huberto with the romantic relationship of Rolf and Eva. In your opinion, which one is better for both involved?
Essay Topic 3
Minor characters can be vital to story. Please explain what role minor characters play in a story. Choosing two minor characters found in Eva Luna, dissect these characters and explain why they can be seen as vital to the novel.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)