|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Consuelo passes does Professor Jones die?
2. How does Frau Carle think Lukas has died?
3. What is Riad Halabi's nickname?
4. Why does Eva rip off Patrona's wig?
5. What does the name Eva mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eva's relationship with Patron and Patrona?
2. What is the result of Jochen's departure from his family?
3. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
4. What request is made by the Professor on his deathbed and is it obeyed?
5. Who is Huberto Naranjo?
6. Why is Rolf sent to South America?
7. How does Lukas' absence affect his family when he goes to war?
8. Please describe Melesio.
9. What happens when La Senora kicks Eva out of her home?
10. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story has a completely different subplot running through most of the story alongside the main plot of Eva's life. Please summarize this subplot, explaining how this plot intersects the main plot and at which point the two plots connect.
Essay Topic 2
Themes are commonly developed throughout a novel. What are two of the main themes you saw in Eva Luna? How are these themes seen in the life of the main character Eva and what role do these themes play in her life throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what role the resolution plays in a plot line and explain the resolution of Eva Luna. As the reader, do you feel as though this resolution left the reader satisfied? Why or why not?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)