|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task do the soldiers make the village people, including Rolf, do?
2. Why is Eva told that she needs to leave La Senora's?
3. What does Rolf intend to study at University?
4. What does Uncle Rupert hope to teach his nephew?
5. What does the cook say will happen if she does not care for Eva to the best of her abilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the horrible things Lukas Carle does to his family?
2. How is Eva's life in Agua Santa different from her life previous to this?
3. What role does Madrina play in Eva's life in Chapter 2?
4. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
5. Please describe Senor Aravena.
6. What happens when Jochen finally stands up to his father?
7. What is Eva's relationship with Patron and Patrona?
8. How does the family react when Lukas returns from war?
9. Please describe Professor Jones.
10. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Minor characters can be vital to story. Please explain what role minor characters play in a story. Choosing two minor characters found in Eva Luna, dissect these characters and explain why they can be seen as vital to the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Character arcs are apparent in various characters throughout a story. Please explain what a character arc is and summarize Huberto's character arc. Please also explain what type of characters have character arcs and which do not.
Essay Topic 3
The plot is essential to every novel. Please touch on what a plot is and the various parts of the plot. Break down the plot for Eva Luna.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)