|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rolf wish regarding his father's death?
2. What is one of the reasons Riad gives for allowing Eva to stay with him?
3. How does Eva treat Zulema?
4. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
5. What does the town do to Ines' son's killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eva's life in Agua Santa different from her life previous to this?
2. How does Lukas' absence affect his family when he goes to war?
3. Please describe Senor Aravena.
4. How does the Halabi household change with the arrival of Kamal?
5. Why does Eva run away from Patrona's?
6. What happens the day Riad first arrives in Santa Agua?
7. What role does the Indian play in Consuelo's young life?
8. What does Huberto do for Eva in Chapter 5?
9. What is Consuelo's time at the convent like prior to living with the Professor?
10. How do things change in the red light district in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a theme throughout the story. Please provide three different examples of sexuality as a theme in the novel, explaining the impact this had on the characters involved, other characters, and/or plot line.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain what role the resolution plays in a plot line and explain the resolution of Eva Luna. As the reader, do you feel as though this resolution left the reader satisfied? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Romantic relationships can be seen throughout this novel. Please compare and contrast the romantic relationship between Eva and Huberto with the romantic relationship of Rolf and Eva. In your opinion, which one is better for both involved?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)