|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melesio do at the cabaret?
2. How does Zulema respond upon meeting her husband for the first time?
3. What does Consuelo tell her daughter about death?
4. What type of soldiers come into the small village where Rolf and his family live?
5. Why does Rolf think himself unmanly as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Riad?
2. How does Consuelo instill a sense of imagination in her daughter?
3. What is Eva's time working for the Cabinet member like?
4. What is Zulema and Riad's marriage like?
5. How is the strength of Consuelo seen in Chapter 1?
6. How does the family react when Lukas returns from war?
7. What are the two hypotheses of how Lukas Carle was killed?
8. How is Eva's life in Agua Santa different from her life previous to this?
9. What business/trades is Uncle Rupert involved in?
10. What is Consuelo's time at the convent like prior to living with the Professor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This story has a completely different subplot running through most of the story alongside the main plot of Eva's life. Please summarize this subplot, explaining how this plot intersects the main plot and at which point the two plots connect.
Essay Topic 2
In this story, Riad has a physical deformity that he must live with. Please explain how such deformities were looked at by the society at the time this book was written. Compare and contrast the Zulema's and Eva's treatment of this physical deformity.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what role the resolution plays in a plot line and explain the resolution of Eva Luna. As the reader, do you feel as though this resolution left the reader satisfied? Why or why not?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)