|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
(a) She tries to blame everything on them.
(b) She encourages them to run away.
(c) She sends them away.
(d) She tries to keep them out of his sight.
2. How does Rolf meet Senor Aravena?
(a) He wants to marry one of his cousins.
(b) He is a guest at the inn.
(c) He runs into him at a store.
(d) He is Rupert's neighbor.
3. What inappropriate act does the patron make Eva do for him?
(a) Wash his underwear.
(b) Brush his teeth.
(c) Bathe and dress him.
(d) Give him massages.
4. What type of message does it send to Rolf when his brother stands up to his father?
(a) Not all parents should be respected.
(b) To be a man you should beat up people.
(c) Don't stand up for anyone but yourself.
(d) Weak can overcome if they have courage.
5. How long is the trip to South America?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest do to the Professor's estate when the Professor dies?
2. Which of the following best describes Elvira?
3. What does Rolf hope for his father while he is in prison?
4. What does the cook say will happen if she does not care for Eva to the best of her abilities?
5. Why does Rolf think himself unmanly as a child?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)