|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the cousins put an end to their romance with Rolf?
(a) Because they have found better men.
(b) Because they are going to be nuns.
(c) Because he cannot marry both of them.
(d) Because they did not know Rolf was sleeping with both of them.
2. With what does the Professor treat cancer patients?
(a) Swamp mosquitoes.
(b) Snake venom.
(c) Indian herbs.
3. What type of message does it send to Rolf when his brother stands up to his father?
(a) Don't stand up for anyone but yourself.
(b) To be a man you should beat up people.
(c) Weak can overcome if they have courage.
(d) Not all parents should be respected.
4. What one word best describes Lukas Carle?
5. What does Frau Carle do with the children when Lukas returns home from prison?
(a) She encourages them to run away.
(b) She tries to blame everything on them.
(c) She sends them away.
(d) She tries to keep them out of his sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the country's leader called?
2. What inappropriate act does the patron make Eva do for him?
3. How does Jochen react when his father returns home from war?
4. How does Rolf meet Senor Aravena?
5. Where is Lukas Carle's dead body found?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)