|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(b) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(c) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
(d) Whether his fiancee is married.
2. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
(a) Aegisthus' corpse.
(b) Pylades' corpse.
(c) Clytemnestra's corpse.
(d) The knife he used.
3. How many children does Oedipus have?
4. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(b) The farmer.
5. Whose marriage in Electra has NOT been consummated?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Orestes recognized?
2. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
3. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
4. The old servant tells Orestes he must kill Aegisthus, but not where?
5. Who is Laius' son?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)