|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
2. Electra condemns all men who are what to their wives?
3. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
(a) A water jug.
(b) A wig.
(c) A crown.
(d) A tiara.
4. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Argive peasant women.
(b) Trojan women.
(c) Thebian peasant women.
(d) Phoenician women.
5. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(b) Marry Electra.
(c) Take the crown from his brother.
(d) Marry Iphegenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Clytemnestra's first husband?
2. What does Electra's husband chastise her for doing in the beginning of Electra?
3. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
4. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
5. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)