|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Orestes returned to do in Electra?
(a) Take the crown from his brother.
(b) Kill Aegisthus and Clytemnestra.
(c) Marry Iphegenia.
(d) Marry Electra.
2. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
(a) The farmer.
3. What does Electra ask her husband to get for them?
4. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
5. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A dragon.
(b) The Dioscuri.
(c) The Sphinx.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
2. What does Electra have upon hear head when she first enters the play?
3. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
4. Who says to the dead Aegisthus that his marriage was godless and filled with evil?
5. Who appears in the heavens at the end of Electra?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)