|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
2. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
3. Who does Aegisthus want to kill for fear of revenge?
4. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(b) Antigone and Aegisthus.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
5. What is Aegisthus preparing to offer the goddess Nymphs in Electra?
(a) A slaughtered bull.
(b) A slaughtered lamb.
(c) A slaughtered virgin.
(d) A slaughtered dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
2. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
3. Who does Orestes tell Aegisthus he is going to make a sacrifice for?
4. Clytemnestra claim's she only avenged whose death?
5. Who is Clytemnestra's daughter?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)