|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who killed Agamemnon.
(b) The one who saved Orestes.
(c) The one who killed Pylades.
(d) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
2. Who comes to inform Electra of the success of Orestes' deed?
(b) Orestes' servant.
(c) Agamemnon's servant.
3. What has Oedipus outwitted in The Phoenician Women?
(a) The Dioscuri.
(b) The Sphinx.
(c) The king.
(d) A dragon.
4. Who enters with Antigone in her first entrance in The Phoenician Women?
(b) The pedagogue.
5. How did Orestes attain the mark the servant speaks of?
(a) Chasing a fawn.
(b) He was shot with an arrow.
(c) He was born with it.
(d) He was dropped as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
2. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
3. Electra condemns all men who confuse what with power?
4. Who says that good character cannot be judged by riches, poverty or courage?
5. By what is Orestes recognized?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)