|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His wife.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His sons.
2. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
(d) The old servant.
3. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who killed Pylades.
(b) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
(c) The one who killed Agamemnon.
(d) The one who saved Orestes.
4. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
5. Who does Electra say would recognize her brother if he saw him?
(a) Her father's servant.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
2. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
3. Who does Electra say was NOT properly buried?
4. What kind of knife does Orestes ask for to butcher the animal?
5. Who takes the first year of rule over Thebes, but will not give up the throne when it comes time for his brother to take over?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)