|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
(a) Not feeding her.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Mistrusting her.
(d) Abusing her.
2. What does Electra's husband say that it's improper for Electra to do?
(a) Speak with strange men.
(b) Go to festivals.
3. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Phoenician women.
(b) Trojan women.
(c) Thebian peasant women.
(d) Argive peasant women.
4. Who enters with Orestes in his first appearance in Electra?
5. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His wife.
(c) His sons.
(d) His daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Laius NOT to father a child?
2. When Orestes returns in the end of Electra, what does he offer his sister to do with what she pleases?
3. Where does Agamemnon go to fight?
4. What does Laius do with his son?
5. Who does Orestes pretend to be when he meets his sister?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)