|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scene set before in The Phoenician Women?
(a) A palace.
(b) A funeral pyre.
(c) A fortress.
(d) A farmhouse.
2. Who locks Oedipus in the palace in shame?
(a) His sons.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His wife.
3. Who does the chorus sing about that would right the wrongs being slain in Electra?
(a) Electra and Orestes.
(c) Clytemnestra and Aegisthus.
(d) Antigone and Aegisthus.
4. In what city-state does Clytemnestra rule?
5. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
(a) Whether he has any friends left in Argos.
(b) Whether Agamemnon is alive.
(c) Whether his fiancee is married.
(d) Whether Aegisthus is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
2. Who does the chorus sing of, that went with Agamemnon to war?
3. Who does Orestes say must be repaid for his kindness?
4. Orestes fears being tried for what?
5. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)