|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Phoenician Women, pages 73-98.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oedipus learns the truth about his background, what does he do?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Leaves Thebes.
(c) Divorces his wife.
(d) Gouges out his eyes.
2. Who makes up the chorus in Electra?
(a) Thebian peasant women.
(b) Phoenician women.
(c) Trojan women.
(d) Argive peasant women.
3. What does Aegisthus take to predict the future?
(a) The bull's innards.
(b) Tea leaves.
(c) A bowl of water.
(d) A mirror.
4. Who says our daily food is a small matter in Electra?
(b) The farmer.
5. The chorus in The Phoenician Women is waiting to be sent where?
(a) Dionysus' shrine.
(b) Apollo's shrine.
(c) Teiresius' oracle.
(d) Loxias' oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites the messengers into the cottage?
2. Who has called a truce to attempt to make peace in The Phoenician Women?
3. What food and provisions are brought to Electra for her and her guests?
4. Who has Agamemnon brought back as a concubine from the war?
5. Who has a plan for how to kill Clytemnestra?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)