|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchae, pages 200-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Orestes recognized?
(a) A freckle.
(b) A scar.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
2. What does Menoeceus do during the battle in The Phoenician Women?
(a) Sacrifices himself.
(b) Kills Teiresius.
(c) Kills Creon.
(d) Kills Aegisthus.
3. Whose life does the chorus bemoan before the battle in The Phoenician Women?
4. Who retreats when realizing the gods are against him?
5. Who does Electra explain to her guests the servant is?
(a) The one who works for Clytemnestra.
(b) The one who killed Pylades.
(c) The one who saved Orestes.
(d) The one who killed Agamemnon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dionysus done to the women of Thebes?
2. Who kills Agamemnon?
3. What does Electra chide her husband for after the messenger has appeared?
4. What does Orestes ask the old servant once he is discovered?
5. How does Dionysus appear when he enters?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)