|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tatyana notice about all her relatives in Moscow?
(a) They seem to pursue what they want.
(b) They are all so sophisticated.
(c) They haven't changed at all.
(d) They remember her more than she remembers them.
2. For what reason does Tatyana first go to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has gone?
(a) She goes to find out where he is.
(b) She is trying to understand his actions.
(c) She has heard news he is returning.
(d) She finds herself there one day while out walking.
3. What is the narrator's impression of winter in the country?
(a) It holds joy only for the leisurely wealthy.
(b) It is a time of simple beauties.
(c) It is a time when no one, not even Eugene, can resist the charm of the countryside.
(d) It is a time of depression and illness.
4. What does Eugene Onegin do when Zaretsky demands he have a second for the duel?
(a) Tries to name Lensky as his second.
(b) Tries to use this oversight as leverage to call off the duel.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Names his man in waiting as his second.
5. After the name day celebration, who is the one at the Larin household who can not sleep?
(a) Eugene Onegin.
(c) Vladimir Lensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to the narrator, does Vladimir Lensky's tombstone still cause to tear up?
2. What is the dinner party like that Eugene Onegin attends at the prince's house?
3. What is Olga's future after losing Vladimir Lensky?
4. What is Tatyana like when we see her at the ball in the last chapter?
5. What possible futures does the narrator entertain that Vladimir Lensky might have had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eugene Onegin's reaction as soon as the duel is over?
2. How has Tatyana changed when Eugene Onegin is reunited with her in Moscow?
3. What is the special "look" that Eugene gives Tatyana and how does it affect her?
4. How does Eugene feel about seeing Tatyana again in Moscow?
5. What happens to Olga after Vladimir Lensky's death?
6. What happens up to and during the duel between Eugene Onegin and Vladimir Lensky once all parties have arrived?
7. What revenge does Eugene Onegin take on Vladimir Lensky at Tatyana's name day celebration?
8. What is the result of the Eugene Onegin's revenge at the name day celebration?
9. After some time of Tatyana paying him no attention whatsoever in Moscow, what does Eugene Onegin do to get through to her? What is the result?
10. What do Tatyana's mother and her friends decide to do? Why?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)