|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time that Tatyana goes to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has left?
(a) Tatyana sees there are no traces of Eugene left in the house.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The caretakers discover her rifling through the house.
(d) She breaks into the emptly house.
2. Who is the leader of the monsters in the house in Tatyana's dream?
(a) The bear.
(b) Eugene Onegin.
(c) Her father.
3. What action does Eugene Onegin decide to do when Tatyana remains cold to him in Moscow?
(a) Profess his love to her in person.
(b) Travel again to distract himself.
(c) Challenge the prince to a duel.
(d) Write a letter.
4. How does Tatyana spend the summer before she travels to Moscow?
(a) Walking in the country saying goodbye to the nature she loves.
(b) Trying to learn how to fit in once she arrives in Moscow.
(c) Writing letters to her acquaintances so they will expect her.
(d) Gleaning news of Eugene Onegin's habits in Moscow.
5. What vengeance does Eugene Onegin take on Vladimir Lensky at Tatyana's name day feast?
(a) He lets himself act irritable to cause discomfort to the hosts.
(b) He says mean things to Olga.
(c) He flirts with Olga and monopolizes her on the dance floor.
(d) He laughs at Vladimir's poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator mourn about Vladimir Lensky's premature death?
2. What does the narrator mourn after describing Vladimir Lensky's death?
3. When Tatyana flees from him, what does the bear in her dream do?
4. What is Tatyana doing when she and Eugene are reunited at the end of the story?
5. Who notices the distress Tatyana feels at seeing Eugene Onegin again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tatyana's mother and her friends decide to do? Why?
2. What revenge does Eugene Onegin take on Vladimir Lensky at Tatyana's name day celebration?
3. How has Tatyana changed when Eugene Onegin is reunited with her in Moscow?
4. How does Tatyana feel about the local superstitions? What do they do for her?
5. What does Eugene Onegin do after it is clear his letters make Tatyana angry? How are the two of them brought together again for their final conversation?
6. How does Tatyana end up in Eugene Onegin's estate one day? What does Tatyana ask for?
7. After some time of Tatyana paying him no attention whatsoever in Moscow, what does Eugene Onegin do to get through to her? What is the result?
8. After she arrived, what does Tatyana think of Moscow and being re-united with her relatives?
9. What does Tatyana say to Eugene as he kneels at her feet in her home in Moscow?
10. How does Tatyana feel about the prospect of going to Moscow?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)