|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eugene Onegin's reaction to Vladimir Lensky's death?
(a) He showed no emotion.
(b) He thought, 'well, he deserved it'.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He was horrified and shaken.
2. What homage is paid to Tatyana at her name day celebration?
(a) A song taken from an almanac, but with the name replaced with Tatyana's.
(b) Tatyana is asked to sit for portrait.
(c) Lensky has written an extensive verse about Tatyana the he reads to the guests.
(d) People stand and share their fondest memories of Tatyana.
3. What is the dinner party like that Eugene Onegin attends at the prince's house?
(a) A mockery of high society and fashion.
(b) A desperate superficial attempt to appear wealthy.
(c) A stately dinner of politics and diplomacies beyond Tatyana's comprehension.
(d) The best of society with lively banter controlled by the regal hostess Tatyana.
4. Who calls on Eugene Onegin the morning after the name day celebration?
(c) Vladimir Lensky.
5. Who visited Vladimir Lensky's grave?
(a) Tatyana would sit there and wonder about past events.
(b) Olga, alone, would sit and cry there for hours.
(c) Eugene Onegin.
(d) Two women who would hold each other and cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say speaks to us from the grave?
2. After Vladimir Lensky's death, how does Tatyana see Eugene Onegin?
3. After the name day celebration, who is the one at the Larin household who can not sleep?
4. What does the note from Vladimir Lensky to Eugene Onegin the day after the name day celebration contain?
5. What is Tatyana doing when she and Eugene are reunited at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tatyana say to Eugene as he kneels at her feet in her home in Moscow?
2. After some time of Tatyana paying him no attention whatsoever in Moscow, what does Eugene Onegin do to get through to her? What is the result?
3. What does Tatyana dream?
4. Describe the character Zaretsky.
5. How does Tatyana feel about the local superstitions? What do they do for her?
6. What does Tatyana look for and find in Eugene's books? How?
7. How does Eugene Onegin feel about the duel after he has accepted the challenge?
8. Why is Eugene Onegin angry at Vladimir Lensky at the name day celebration?
9. What does Eugene Onegin do after it is clear his letters make Tatyana angry? How are the two of them brought together again for their final conversation?
10. What is Eugene Onegin's reaction as soon as the duel is over?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)