|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugene Onegin think when he first sees Tatyana at a ball?
(a) How could he not have seen her potential?
(b) Is it possible it's the same country girl?
(c) He must rescue her from her unhappiness.
(d) He always knew she was meant for greater things.
2. How does Eugene Onegin feel about the situation in which he finds himself?
(a) He vows to take vengence on Lensky.
(b) He hates being at this sort of feast.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He is angered by Tatyana's distress.
3. When Tatyana flees from him, what does the bear in her dream do?
(a) Fall into the raging river.
(b) Continually reappear in front of her.
(c) Turn into Eugene Onegin.
(d) Follows at her heels.
4. What action does Eugene Onegin decide to do when Tatyana remains cold to him in Moscow?
(a) Profess his love to her in person.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Travel again to distract himself.
(d) Challenge the prince to a duel.
5. What does Tatyana notice about all her relatives in Moscow?
(a) They are all so sophisticated.
(b) They haven't changed at all.
(c) They remember her more than she remembers them.
(d) They seem to pursue what they want.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Tatyana first go to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has gone?
2. Who is the leader of the monsters in the house in Tatyana's dream?
3. Where was Vladimir Lensky buried?
4. What is Tatyana like when we see her at the ball in the last chapter?
5. How does Tatyana fare in society in Moscow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eugene Onegin do after it is clear his letters make Tatyana angry? How are the two of them brought together again for their final conversation?
2. How does Eugene Onegin agree to come to Tatyana's name day celebration?
3. What happens at dinner during Tatyana's name day celebration?
4. What revenge does Eugene Onegin take on Vladimir Lensky at Tatyana's name day celebration?
5. What happens to Olga after Vladimir Lensky's death?
6. Describe the character Zaretsky.
7. Why is Eugene Onegin angry at Vladimir Lensky at the name day celebration?
8. How does Tatyana feel about the local superstitions? What do they do for her?
9. What does Tatyana say to Eugene as he kneels at her feet in her home in Moscow?
10. What does Tatyana dream?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)