|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eugene Onegin feel about the situation in which he finds himself?
(a) He vows to take vengence on Lensky.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He is angered by Tatyana's distress.
(d) He hates being at this sort of feast.
2. After Vladimir Lensky's death, how does Tatyana see Eugene Onegin?
(a) She loathes what he has done but still loves him.
(b) He love dies because she cannot respect him.
(c) She thinks he ruins goodness wherever he goes.
(d) She sees him as a cold, hateful man.
3. What does Tatyana notice about all her relatives in Moscow?
(a) They are all so sophisticated.
(b) They haven't changed at all.
(c) They seem to pursue what they want.
(d) They remember her more than she remembers them.
4. Who does the narrator say speaks to us from the grave?
(a) No one.
(b) Our past loves.
(c) Our families and ancestors.
(d) The great artists of the past.
5. Who fires first in the duel between Onegin and Lensky?
(c) They fire at the same time.
(d) Lensky but his gun misfires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the distress Tatyana feels at seeing Eugene Onegin again?
2. For what reason does Tatyana first go to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has gone?
3. In the beginning of Tatyana's dream, where is she?
4. How many people have come to celebrate Tatyana's name day celebration?
5. What possible futures does the narrator entertain that Vladimir Lensky might have had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tatyana's mother and her friends decide to do? Why?
2. What does Tatyana dream?
3. Why is Eugene Onegin angry at Vladimir Lensky at the name day celebration?
4. What does Tatyana say to Eugene as he kneels at her feet in her home in Moscow?
5. What is the special "look" that Eugene gives Tatyana and how does it affect her?
6. What happens up to and during the duel between Eugene Onegin and Vladimir Lensky once all parties have arrived?
7. What happens at dinner during Tatyana's name day celebration?
8. What is the result of the Eugene Onegin's revenge at the name day celebration?
9. After some time of Tatyana paying him no attention whatsoever in Moscow, what does Eugene Onegin do to get through to her? What is the result?
10. How does Vladimir Lensky spend the night before the duel?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)