|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought Tatyana's mother relief from her sadness as she grew up?
(a) Time passing and the role of housewife.
(b) A large and loving family.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She met and married another man.
2. What does the narrator find charming in women?
(a) An attempt to write poetry.
(b) Coyness in love.
(c) Russian spoken poorly.
(d) Fluency in multiple languages.
3. What is the first thing Eugene Onegin gives up as he becomes depressed?
(b) Prospects of running the estate.
(c) His title.
4. What reason does the narrator give for detailing how differently he and Eugene Onegin feel about the country?
(a) Everyone loves reading poetry about the countryside.
(b) To offer two perspectives on beauty.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To make it clear Onegin is not a self portrait.
5. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
(a) Gather with friends and fellow land owners.
(b) Study until late.
(c) Make a brief appearance at a ballet to look for women to seduce.
(d) Fight with his father as his father became drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. As winter falls and he is stuck indoors, what is Eugene's only source of pleasure?
2. What does Vladimir Lensky adore most about Olga?
3. What does the narrator say about the letter that Tatyana writes?
4. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
5. Which of the following characters were designed as literary foils for each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What response does Eugene Onegin give Tatyana?
2. In chapter one the narrator is briefly a character in his own story. What interaction does the narrator have with Eugene?
3. What chastisement does Eugene Onegin give Tatyana at the end of his response to her letter?
4. Who is Vladimir in love with? What is she like?
5. How does the narrator feel about women's feet and what does he say about them?
6. Describe Vladimir Lensky.
7. Who is Tatyana? What is she like?
8. As Tatyana waits for an answer to her letter from Eugene, what does Vladimir Lensky tell them? What affect does this have on Tatyana?
9. How do the neighbors views of Eugene's refusal of Tatyana vary from the narrator's?
10. What do Vladimir Lensky and Eugne Onegin discuss? What is their favorite topic?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)