|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the flight from the bear end in Tatyana's dream?
(a) The bear chases her until she sees a hut, which she rushes into and closes the door in the bears face.
(b) She falls, exhausted, and the bear carries her to a hut.
(c) The bear is afraid and runs when Eugene Onegin suddenly appears in front of her.
(d) She sees her father ahead and calls to him. Her father turns and scares the bear off.
2. Who is the leader of the monsters in the house in Tatyana's dream?
(a) Her father.
(b) The bear.
(d) Eugene Onegin.
3. What is Olga's future after losing Vladimir Lensky?
(a) She becomes a less naive, but bitter, person.
(b) She starts reading Vladimir Lensky's poetry and falls in love with him all over again.
(c) She mourns for a year in solitude.
(d) She soon moves on and marries a soldier.
4. What does the note from Vladimir Lensky to Eugene Onegin the day after the name day celebration contain?
(a) A poem about Olga's faithlessness.
(b) A tirade about Eugene's betrayal.
(c) A chastisement of his behavior.
(d) A challenge to a duel.
5. What does the terrifying bear in Tatyana's dream do first?
(a) Helps her over the perilous bridge by giving her his paw.
(b) Cowers in fear when he sees her.
(c) Threatens to eat her.
(d) Corners her and force her to flee across the bridge.
6. What does the wax in the water basin predict for Tatyana?
(a) That she has great power.
(b) That she will soon lose someone she cares for.
(c) That she will be rich and famous.
(d) That she will find true love.
7. What is the state of affairs at the end of the novel, EUGENE ONEGIN?
(a) Tatyana leaves Eugene foresaken and alone.
(b) Tatyana vows faithfulness to her husband for life.
(c) Tatyana appeals to Eugene's sense of honor.
(d) All of the above.
8. After Vladimir Lensky's death, how does Tatyana see Eugene Onegin?
(a) He love dies because she cannot respect him.
(b) She loathes what he has done but still loves him.
(c) She thinks he ruins goodness wherever he goes.
(d) She sees him as a cold, hateful man.
9. What is Tatyana doing when she and Eugene are reunited at the end of the story?
(a) Leaving her husband.
(b) Returning Eugene's letter.
(c) Writing a letter to Eugene.
(d) Crying over Eugene's letters.
10. Where was Vladimir Lensky buried?
(a) In his grand estate cemetery.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Beneath two pine trees near a creek.
(d) Where he fell.
11. How does Eugene react to an invitation by the prince to visit again the day after the ball?
(a) He understands Tatyana wants to see him again.
(b) He is wary of stirring up old feelings in Tatyana.
(c) He is elated at the chance to see Tatyana again.
(d) He would rather not go, but does for diplomatic reasons.
12. Which of the following best characterizes Eugene Onegin when he lived in the country?
(a) Living in luxury and vindictive.
(b) Idle and reclusive.
(c) Scheming and meddlesome.
(d) Cold and heartless.
13. How does Tatyana spend the summer before she travels to Moscow?
(a) Writing letters to her acquaintances so they will expect her.
(b) Walking in the country saying goodbye to the nature she loves.
(c) Trying to learn how to fit in once she arrives in Moscow.
(d) Gleaning news of Eugene Onegin's habits in Moscow.
14. What does Tatyana think of the way Eugene Onegin behaved with Olga at her name day celebration?
(a) She didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
(b) She thinks he acted abhorently.
(c) She doesn't understand it.
(d) She understood his motive and pitied him.
15. What homage is paid to Tatyana at her name day celebration?
(a) People stand and share their fondest memories of Tatyana.
(b) Lensky has written an extensive verse about Tatyana the he reads to the guests.
(c) A song taken from an almanac, but with the name replaced with Tatyana's.
(d) Tatyana is asked to sit for portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Vladimir Lensky's grave?
2. What does Eugene Onegin think when he first sees Tatyana at a ball?
3. As Vladimir leaves the name day celebration, what is he thinking?
4. For what reason does Tatyana first go to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has gone?
5. How does Eugene Onegin dancing with Olga end?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)