|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Vladimir Lensky and Eugene Onegin arrive at their dueling place?
(a) They both arrive promptly at dawn.
(b) Vladimir arrives promptly at dawn and Eugene is very late.
(c) When Vladimir arrives at dawn Eugene is already there.
(d) They both arrive quite late.
2. What do the new friends plan on doing together that never comes to pass?
(a) Winning lots of money.
(b) Marrying and raising kids.
(c) Rising to power.
(d) Traveling the world.
3. What does the narrator say of Tatyana?
(a) All of the above.
(b) She is trusting more than proud.
(c) She heeds the call of passion in an honest artless fashion.
(d) Her love is deep and true.
4. How does Vladimir Lensky feel about Olga?
(a) He is timid around her and nervous.
(b) He loves her passionately.
(c) He finds her bossy and brazen.
(d) He finds her boring.
5. How did Lensky fall during the duel?
(a) During the third round of shots, Lensky is killed.
(b) Lensky is mortally killed before getting off a single shot.
(c) After wounding Onegin, Lensky is mortally shot.
(d) Lensky's gun backfires and kills him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene find when he reaches his uncle's estate in the country?
2. What is Tatyana like when we see her at the ball in the last chapter?
3. After the name day celebration, who is the one at the Larin household who can not sleep?
4. What does Vladimir Lensky tell the Larin household when he arrives?
5. How does the flight from the bear end in Tatyana's dream?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)