|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vladimir Lensky spend the night before the duel?
(b) Awake, writing poetry and thinking of Olga.
(c) Angrily accusing Eugene Onegin of all his misfortunes.
(d) Trying to think of a way out of the duel.
2. What does Eugene Onegin think of the country?
(a) After two days he is bored with it.
(b) He pines for the grandeur of the city.
(c) He enjoys having an estate of his own to run.
(d) He feels at home and at peace.
3. What is the narrator fond of writing in?
(a) Yearly almanacs.
(b) Gorgeous albums stamped with gold.
(c) Country girl's albums.
(d) Collections of the best poets.
4. What did Eugene Onegin do that angered his new neighbors in the countryside?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He does not address them with sufficient respect.
(c) He rides away whenever they come visit.
(d) He institutes rent instead of unpaid labor from the peasants.
5. Who is the narrator referring to when he says Tatyana is "relying on a tyrant's honour, you've now resigned to him your fate."
(c) Her father.
(d) Eugene Onegin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Tatyana does when she can't sleep at night?
2. What does the narrator mourn after describing Vladimir Lensky's death?
3. Which of the following best characterizes the presence of the narrator in the story EUGENE ONEGIN?
4. For what reason does Tatyana first go to Eugene Onegin's estate after he has gone?
5. What do Eugene Onegin and his new friend do together to alleviate their depression?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)