|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
(b) Dark stories.
(c) Learning city manners.
(d) Playing with other girls.
2. What reason does the narrator give for detailing how differently he and Eugene Onegin feel about the country?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Everyone loves reading poetry about the countryside.
(c) To offer two perspectives on beauty.
(d) To make it clear Onegin is not a self portrait.
3. Who fires first in the duel between Onegin and Lensky?
(b) Lensky but his gun misfires.
(d) They fire at the same time.
4. What do Eugene Onegin and his new friend do together to alleviate their depression?
(a) Hang out near the Neva river and talk.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Dream of power.
5. What does Eugene Onegin assume dinner at the Larin household will be like?
(a) Tedious and boring.
(b) A traditional Russian gathering.
(c) Sincerely welcoming of guests.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tatyana send the nurse away at night?
2. Who is Zaretsky?
3. Which of the following best describes Tatyana?
4. What does the narrator take time from his story to praise?
5. Which of the following set of characters was developed as a literary foil for each other?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)