|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Eugene Onegin and Tatyana during her name day feast?
(a) He ignores her all evening.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He gives her a sympathetic look that reawakens her heart.
(d) He says rude things to keep her at a distance.
2. How does the narrator see Eugene Onegin's inability to be moved by love?
(a) All of the above.
(b) As wise and safe.
(c) As the unavoidable conclusion of all who marry.
(d) As wretched and miserable.
3. How does Tatyana imagine herself and Eugene Onegin?
(a) As engaged.
(b) As representing the best of the city life and country life.
(c) As the leaders of opposing troops on the battle field.
(d) As the hero and heroine of the romance novels she reads.
4. How did Lensky fall during the duel?
(a) Lensky's gun backfires and kills him.
(b) Lensky is mortally killed before getting off a single shot.
(c) During the third round of shots, Lensky is killed.
(d) After wounding Onegin, Lensky is mortally shot.
5. How does Eugene Onegin feel about the situation in which he finds himself?
(a) He hates being at this sort of feast.
(b) He vows to take vengence on Lensky.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He is angered by Tatyana's distress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the estate like that Eugene Onegin inherited from his uncle?
2. What does the narrator confess to once having spent his last money on?
3. To whom does the narrator read his poetry?
4. What vengeance does Eugene Onegin take on Vladimir Lensky at Tatyana's name day feast?
5. Who is Tatyana?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)