|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the narrator claim to devote this poem?
(a) To the yet unforeseen muse of the future.
(c) The feet of Terpsichore.
(d) His lost love.
2. What could be found in Eugene Onegin's private rooms?
(a) A large collection of taxidermied animals.
(b) All the latest tools for hygiene and fashion from Paris and London.
(c) Nothing, the rooms were spartan and bare and contained little more than a bed, desk, and armoir.
(d) A library of significant classic literature.
3. What does Tatyana do when she heard the neighbors gossip about Eugene Onegin?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) She defends him vociferously.
(c) She encourages the rumors.
(d) She becomes angry he ever appeared at their doorstep.
4. What is the first thing Tatyana does when she can't sleep at night?
(a) Tatyana runs through the forest to look at Eugene Onegin's house.
(b) Tatyana reads romance novels to distract her mind so she can sleep.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Tatyana wakes up her nurse and asks her about love in the old days.
5. Why does Vladimir Lensky want to meet Eugene Onegin?
(a) He wants advice seducing women.
(b) He thinks the new system of rent is revolutionary and genius.
(c) He has heard much about him from friends that knew Eugene.
(d) He gets tired of the provincial conversation of his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cycle does Pushkin write about at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What is the estate like that Eugene Onegin inherited from his uncle?
3. Why does Eugene Onegin decide to go with Vladimir Lensky to dinner at the Larin household?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the presence of the narrator in the story EUGENE ONEGIN?
5. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)