|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eugene Onegin do that angered his new neighbors in the countryside?
(a) He does not address them with sufficient respect.
(b) He institutes rent instead of unpaid labor from the peasants.
(c) He rides away whenever they come visit.
(d) All of the above.
2. How does Tatyana imagine herself and Eugene Onegin?
(a) As the leaders of opposing troops on the battle field.
(b) As representing the best of the city life and country life.
(c) As engaged.
(d) As the hero and heroine of the romance novels she reads.
3. What does the narrator say about the letter that Tatyana writes?
(a) It is touching whimsy free of art.
(b) All of the above.
(c) It makes him ache inside.
(d) He reads it again and again.
4. What does the narrator say about cold and distant women?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He flees from them in terror.
(c) They even get bored with praise and sighs of passion.
(d) Their joy is striking men with fear and then luring them back again.
5. What is the estate like that Eugene Onegin inherited from his uncle?
(a) A huge modern home representative of the uncles status.
(b) Historical and in bad disrepair.
(c) A tasteful old style place in beautiful countryside.
(d) Extensive lands worked by hundreds of peasants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene Onegin try to do to alleviate his depression? What is the result?
2. What does Tatyana do when she heard the neighbors gossip about Eugene Onegin?
3. What cycle does Pushkin write about at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What change came about Eugene Onegin as a young man?
5. How long has Vladimir Lensky known Olga?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)