|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tatyana do when she heard the neighbors gossip about Eugene Onegin?
(a) She encourages the rumors.
(b) She becomes angry he ever appeared at their doorstep.
(c) She defends him vociferously.
(d) She falls in love with him.
2. What does Tatyana do when Eugene arrives at the Larin household.
(a) Begs Olga to stay by her side.
(b) Collects her thoughts and prepare for a confrontation.
(c) Runs into the garden to wait for him.
(d) None of the above.
3. What is the first thing Eugene Onegin gives up as he becomes depressed?
(a) His title.
(c) Prospects of running the estate.
4. What does the narrator want with the author of THE FEASTS?
(a) To show him where to take this story.
(b) To compose an elegy to Tatyana.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To translate Tatyana's letter into Russian.
5. What is the first thing Tatyana does when she can't sleep at night?
(a) Tatyana runs through the forest to look at Eugene Onegin's house.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Tatyana reads romance novels to distract her mind so she can sleep.
(d) Tatyana wakes up her nurse and asks her about love in the old days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tatyana imagine herself and Eugene Onegin?
2. What happens just as Tatyana finishes writing her letter?
3. What does Eugene Onegin report after the dinner with the Larins?
4. What does the narrator say he will write a novel about?
5. To whom does the narrator claim to devote this poem?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)