|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eugene Onegin and his new friend do together to alleviate their depression?
(a) Dream of power.
(b) Fall in love.
(d) Hang out near the Neva river and talk.
2. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
(b) Playing with other girls.
(c) Learning city manners.
(d) Dark stories.
3. Who is Tatyana?
(a) Olga's best friend.
(b) A serving girl in the Larin household.
(c) Olga's older sister.
(d) A distant cousin living in the Larin household.
4. What was Eugene Onegin especially good at as a young man?
(a) Running the estate with his father.
(c) Seducing women.
(d) Quoting the classics.
5. What caused Tatyana's mother great sadness in her youth?
(a) She was separated from the man she loved to marry Tatyana's father.
(b) Her family disowned her when she eloped with her husband.
(c) Her true love died in battle.
(d) Her parents died when she was very young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give for detailing how differently he and Eugene Onegin feel about the country?
2. What could be found in Eugene Onegin's private rooms?
3. Which of the following set of characters was developed as a literary foil for each other?
4. How did Tatyana's parents meet?
5. What change came about Eugene Onegin as a young man?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)