|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the narrator give to the reader about Russian balls?
(a) Be careful which ones to go to as they define who you are.
(b) Be sure to look your best.
(c) It is the best way to spend a long winter.
(d) Families should keep their daughters well in sight.
2. To whom does the narrator claim to devote this poem?
(a) His lost love.
(c) To the yet unforeseen muse of the future.
(d) The feet of Terpsichore.
3. What is the first thing Eugene Onegin gives up as he becomes depressed?
(c) Prospects of running the estate.
(d) His title.
4. What does Vladimir Lensky do for Tatyana's father after he passes away?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Vladimir Lensky vows to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Vladimir Lensky writes a poem for him and his own parents.
(d) Vladimir Lenskey takes over running the Larin estate.
5. What do Eugene Onegin and his new friend do together to alleviate their depression?
(b) Dream of power.
(c) Hang out near the Neva river and talk.
(d) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What verdict did the neighbor's scrutiny have when it turned to Vladimir Lensky?
2. Between Tatyana and Olga, what does the narrator make clear?
3. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
4. Who is Tatyana?
5. How does Eugene come to feel about Vladimir Lensky?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)