|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following personages best describes Onegin?
(a) A discontent who finds everthing beneath him.
(b) A witty and eloquent dandy who dances well.
(c) A snobbish aristrocrat who manipulates people for his political advantage.
(d) A well meaning but naive child of Russian aristocracy.
2. What is the estate like that Eugene Onegin inherited from his uncle?
(a) A tasteful old style place in beautiful countryside.
(b) A huge modern home representative of the uncles status.
(c) Extensive lands worked by hundreds of peasants.
(d) Historical and in bad disrepair.
3. How does Eugene come to feel about Vladimir Lensky?
(a) Eugene finds him trite and repetitive.
(b) Eugene adores and respects him.
(c) Eugene comes to hate Lensky for being happy.
(d) Lensky's passion depresses Eugene.
4. What does Eugene Onegin think of the country?
(a) He feels at home and at peace.
(b) After two days he is bored with it.
(c) He pines for the grandeur of the city.
(d) He enjoys having an estate of his own to run.
5. Why does Vladimir Lensky want to meet Eugene Onegin?
(a) He has heard much about him from friends that knew Eugene.
(b) He gets tired of the provincial conversation of his neighbors.
(c) He thinks the new system of rent is revolutionary and genius.
(d) He wants advice seducing women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What verdict did the neighbor's scrutiny have when it turned to Vladimir Lensky?
2. Which of the following best describes Tatyana?
3. What was Tatyana most fond of growing up?
4. What did Eugene Onegin do that angered his new neighbors in the countryside?
5. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)