|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought Tatyana's mother relief from her sadness as she grew up?
(a) Time passing and the role of housewife.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She met and married another man.
(d) A large and loving family.
2. What does the narrator take time from his story to praise?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The beauty of the countryside.
(c) Russian theater.
(d) Women's feet.
3. What reason does the narrator give for detailing how differently he and Eugene Onegin feel about the country?
(a) To make it clear Onegin is not a self portrait.
(b) Everyone loves reading poetry about the countryside.
(c) To offer two perspectives on beauty.
(d) None of the above.
4. What was Eugene Onegin and Vladimir Lensky's favorite topic of discussion?
(a) Men's passions.
(b) Plans to travel around Europe.
5. Which of the following set of characters was developed as a literary foil for each other?
(a) Olga and Tatyana.
(b) Eugene Onegin and Olga.
(c) Olga and Vladimir Lensky.
(d) Tatyana and Vladimir Lensky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vladimir Lensky feel about Olga?
2. On a typical day, the young Eugene Onegin would....
3. Which of the following best describes Vladimir Lensky?
4. Which of the following best describes Tatyana?
5. What change came about Eugene Onegin as a young man?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)