|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Vladimir Lensky known Olga?
(a) Vladimir Lensky was engaged to Olga from a baby but had never met her.
(b) Vladimir Lensky met Olga at one of the neighbors after returning from Europe.
(c) Vladimir Lensky and Olga grew up together because their parents were friends.
(d) Vladimir Lensky met Olga in Europe.
2. What happens after the death of Tatyana's father?
(a) Everybody mourns him.
(b) Tatyana and her family are plunged into poverty.
(c) Tatyana inherits the estate.
(d) His wife feels finally free.
3. What do the new friends plan on doing together that never comes to pass?
(a) Traveling the world.
(b) Winning lots of money.
(c) Rising to power.
(d) Marrying and raising kids.
4. What do Eugene Onegin and his new friend do together to alleviate their depression?
(a) Fall in love.
(c) Hang out near the Neva river and talk.
(d) Dream of power.
5. Which of the following personages best describes Onegin?
(a) A well meaning but naive child of Russian aristocracy.
(b) A witty and eloquent dandy who dances well.
(c) A snobbish aristrocrat who manipulates people for his political advantage.
(d) A discontent who finds everthing beneath him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vladimir Lensky write poetry about?
2. What change came about Eugene Onegin as a young man?
3. What can be said of Onegin's education?
4. What verdict did the neighbor's scrutiny have when it turned to Vladimir Lensky?
5. To whom does the narrator claim to devote this poem?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)