|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI, Implications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ethnic group has the highest fertility rates?
(a) Chinese Americans.
(d) Polish Americans.
2. What kind of trouble did employers invite who mixed Italian workers from different villages?
(a) Increased absenteeism.
3. What did Chinatowns become in the 20th century?
(b) Crime-infested areas.
(c) Danger zones.
(d) Tourist attractions.
4. When did Italy unite under one government?
5. What industry occupied nearly half of Russian Jews prior to their emigration to the U.S.?
(b) Clothing production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "diaspora"?
2. Many Japanese immigrants were successful entrepreneurs because of their ability to _________________.
3. After the 1906 earthquake, when 10,000 Japanese were left homeless, how many applied for public relief?
4. Which group is the "classic example" of ethnic success in spite of poverty and discrimination?
5. Which ethnic groups were successful in the U.S. in spite of avoiding politics?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)