|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX, The Puerto Ricans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most Japanese immigrants in the 19th century were young men from what kind of background?
2. What kind of governmental structure did most Puerto Ricans vote to continue?
(a) Commonwealth status.
(c) Status as a territory.
(d) Independent nationhood.
3. Immigrants on cargo ships could not select their______________.
(a) Port of departure.
4. What was the "Pale"?
(a) The area where Russian Jews were not allowed to live.
(b) The area where Russian Jews were allowed to live.
(c) The area where Russian Jews went for recreation.
(d) The area where Russian Jews were imprisoned.
5. Who were the "Know-Nothings"?
(a) Immigrants who refused to participate in elections.
(b) A rude name for immigrants.
(c) A pro-immigrant political party.
(d) An anti-immigrant political party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most affluent ethnic group in the U.S.?
2. The most affluent groups have experienced ________________ discrimination.
3. Where do most people of Irish ancestry live?
4. How were Japanese immigrants treated initially?
5. What percentage of Puerto Ricans voted for independent nationhood?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)