|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, The Germans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With acculturation, IQ rates tend to:
(b) Remain constant.
(d) Become insignificant.
2. Who were the "Know-Nothings"?
(a) A rude name for immigrants.
(b) An anti-immigrant political party.
(c) A pro-immigrant political party.
(d) Immigrants who refused to participate in elections.
3. The longer the journey by ship took, the _______________ the people became.
(b) More excited.
(c) More determined.
4. What is the largest single ethnic group in the U.S.?
5. How had most of the Scotch-Irish financed their immigration?
(a) They were sent with money from home.
(b) They became indentured servants.
(c) They formed credit unions among themselves.
(d) They worked as apprentices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry did most German immigrants pursue?
2. What did German immigrants retain whether in urban or rural settings?
3. What diseases plagued the Irish living in tenements?
4. What was the average life expectancy of an Irish immigrant in the 19th century?
5. The "penal laws" imposed by the British on the Irish were intended to keep the Irish in what situation?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)