|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, The Japanese.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which immigrant group did the Italians have the most conflict?
2. Which group of Jews in New York were more established and wealthier?
(a) Yiddish-speaking Jews.
(b) Downtown Jews.
(c) Russian Jews.
(d) Uptown Jews.
3. What virtue was already ingrained in European Jews when they arrived?
(c) Good humor.
4. After the 1906 earthquake, when 10,000 Japanese were left homeless, how many applied for public relief?
5. What caused repeated conflicts between the Scotch-Irish and the Celtic Irish immigrants who arrived later?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jews who had survived persecution store their wealth?
2. What kind of trouble did employers invite who mixed Italian workers from different villages?
3. How were Japanese immigrants treated initially?
4. On what basis were Japanese immigrants to the U.S. preselected by the Japanese government?
5. What area in the United States contained the greatest number of Jews ever assembled in one place on earth?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)