|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX, The Puerto Ricans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group was the most isolated of the early German settlers?
(a) The Amish.
(b) The Catholics.
(c) The Mormons.
(d) The Mennonites.
2. How did Chinese immigrants cope with discrimination?
(a) Aggression and violence.
(b) Withdrawal and inconspicuousness.
(c) Fear and intimidation.
(d) Pugnacity and toughness.
3. What percentage of Puerto Ricans voted for independent nationhood?
(d) One percent.
4. What are Puerto Ricans the only immigrants born possessing?
(a) U.S. citizenship.
(b) The English language.
(c) Enough money to immigrate.
(d) Free passage to the U.S.
5. What kind of governmental structure did most Puerto Ricans vote to continue?
(b) Status as a territory.
(c) Commonwealth status.
(d) Independent nationhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Hong Kong Chinese vulnerable to employer exploitation?
2. In New York, what percentage of Chinese residents accepted federal aid during the Great Depression?
3. In what area did 19th century Irish consider themselves superior to Germans?
4. How did the Pennsylvania Dutch regard politics and government?
5. What mode of travel was first predominantly used in the Puerto Rican migration to the U.S.?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)