Chapter I, The American Mosaic
1. Where do most people of Irish ancestry live?
(a) In the United States.
(b) In the British Isles.
(c) In Canada.
(d) In Ireland.
2. What is the largest single ethnic group in the U.S.?
3. What percentage of the population is the largest single ethnic group?
4. What is the most affluent ethnic group in the U.S.?
5. The most affluent groups have experienced ________________ discrimination.
(a) About the same.
6. The highest fertility rates are found in groups with the ________________ incomes.
(a) Most stable.
7. Which ethnic group has the highest fertility rates?
(b) Chinese Americans.
(c) Polish Americans.
8. With acculturation, IQ rates tend to:
(b) Become insignificant.
(c) Remain constant.
9. Who were the "Know-Nothings"?
(a) A pro-immigrant political party.
(b) An anti-immigrant political party.
(c) A rude name for immigrants.
(d) Immigrants who refused to participate in elections.
This section contains 4,004 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)