Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan recalls that Mattie's few belongings had _____________________________________.
2. Who does Mrs. Hale compare the remaining Fromes to at the end of the chapter?
3. Why hasn't the fire been lit?
4. Ethan knows he cannot leave Starkfield with Mattie because ________________________________________.
5. Zeena claims the need for a hired girl forces her to ___________________________.
Considering the images of small town life Wharton creates in Ethan Frome, write an essay in which you argue for or against the promises and limitations of small town life exhibited in Starkfield. Use at least three characters or events as examples for your argument.
Considering the contrasting motifs of cold and warmth or light and darkness, write an essay in which you explore the significance of Wharton's motif to the theme of her novel. Use specific examples of the motifs as support for your argument.
Considering the roles available to women in the novel, write an essay in which you analyze the effect of any female character's actions on major events. Determine whether the character is responsible for her actions, or whether her role has dictated the outcome of events.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)