Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan recalls that Mattie's few belongings had _____________________________________.
(a) Brought attention to her beauty.
(b) Made the room look shabby and old.
(c) Brought life and comfort into the bare room.
(d) Been extravagant and self-indulgent.
2. Who does Mrs. Hale compare the remaining Fromes to at the end of the chapter?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Fromes down in the graveyard.
(c) The Fromes of earlier centuries.
(d) The Fromes from a neighboring town.
3. Why hasn't the fire been lit?
(a) Zeena fell asleep all afternoon and did not tend the fire.
(b) Mattie does not like the room to be kept warm.
(c) Ethan cannot afford firewood.
(d) Zeena refused to light it until Ethan got home.
4. Ethan knows he cannot leave Starkfield with Mattie because ________________________________________.
(a) Mattie would not want to leave town in disgrace.
(b) He has no money, and no way of borrowing any in town.
(c) Underneath it all, he still loves Zeena.
(d) Zeena's family would prevent him from leaving.
5. Zeena claims the need for a hired girl forces her to ___________________________.
(a) Borrow money.
(b) Refuse to pay Mattie's wages.
(c) Send Mattie away.
(d) Build a second bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Zeena fooled by Ethan's claim that the cat broke her pickle dish?
2. What happens to Ethan's horse?
3. What task do Ethan and Mattie carry out together?
4. Ethan does not ask the Hales for money because _____________________________________.
5. What word does Zeena use to describe the state of her health?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)