|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Ethan feel over his argument with Zeena?
2. What happens to Ethan's horse?
(a) The horse broke its back under the heavy lumber load.
(b) The horse slipped and cut its knee.
(c) The horse slipped and broke its leg.
(d) The horse was ill because it was not properly cared for.
3. Ethan perceives Zeena's tone as __________________________.
(a) Happily vindictive.
(b) Cheerfully upbeat.
(c) Sadly defeated.
(d) Dryly resolute.
4. Why does Mrs. Hale only visit the Fromes twice a year?
(a) She thinks it pains them to have visitors.
(b) She thinks they blame her for the accident.
(c) She does not want others to know she associates with them.
(d) She does not want the Fromes to grown tired of her visits.
5. How does Zeena reply to Mattie's remarks?
(a) Zeena does not speak at all.
(b) Zeena tells Ethan to quiet Mattie.
(c) Zeena tells Mattie to hush.
(d) Zeena leaves the room angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ethan think Zeena has not arrived at home yet?
2. Instead of asking the Hales for money, Ethan _________________________.
3. When Ethan returns to Mattie, he tells her _______________________________.
4. When Zeena arrives home, she ______________________________.
5. What details does the narrator provide about the Fromes?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)