|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ethan solve the glue problem?
(a) He buys it at another store.
(b) He uses wood glue from his shed to fix the dish.
(c) He uses flour paste to fix the dish.
(d) He throws the dish away.
2. Why has no stranger set foot in the Fromes' house in twenty years?
(a) Ethan Frome has grown angry and unfriendly.
(b) Ethan Frome is too proud to let anyone see how he lives.
(c) Ethan Frome is too ashamed of Zeena and Mattie.
(d) Ethan Frome is too ashamed of his past actions to entertain friends.
3. Why isn't Zeena fooled by Ethan's claim that the cat broke her pickle dish?
(a) Zeena knows Mattie used the dish.
(b) Zeena never believes her cat can cause harm.
(c) Zeena found the glue Ethan brought home.
(d) Zeena found the pieces placed carefully back together.
4. What does Zeena claim the doctor has ordered her to do?
(a) Travel to the next town to see another doctor.
(b) Remove all stress from her daily life.
(c) Stay in bed.
(d) Take in a hired girl to help around the house.
5. Zeena instructs Jotham Powell to ________________________________________.
(a) Search Mattie's belongings for Zeena's missing items.
(b) Carry Mattie's trunk to the sleigh.
(c) Take Mattie into town and leave her there.
(d) Take Mattie to the train when he goes to pick up the hired girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day's bad weather foreshadows _________________________.
2. Before they strike the elm, Ethan has a last vision of __________________________.
3. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
4. Who confesses the truth about the broken dish?
5. According to Ruth Hale, who suffers most at the Fromes' house?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)