|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Ethan of Mattie as he walks to town?
(a) The sled route they were to visit together.
(b) The spot where he kissed her by the spruce trees.
(c) All the sights and sounds of nature.
(d) All the cheerful couples walking about town.
2. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
(a) He needs to buy glue to fix the pickle dish.
(b) He needs to buy a new dish for Zeena.
(c) He needs to pick up Zeena's medicine.
(d) He needs to pick up the hired girl from the train station.
3. Throughout the morning, Ethan continues to feel a spirit of ______________________.
4. Why does Ethan think Zeena has not arrived at home yet?
(a) Jotham Powell hides the sorrel until Ehtan goes into the house.
(b) Zeena tells Jotham to put the sorrel away where Ethan will not see it.
(c) Mattie tells him they are still alone together.
(d) The sorrel is not in the barn, so he believes they have not arrived.
5. Ethan finds Zeena _______________________________.
(a) Already bundled up in bed.
(b) Waiting by the door to confront him.
(c) Crying by the window.
(d) Sitting by the window still in her traveling dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan hopes that the bad roads or a late train might cause him to __________________________.
2. When Ethan returns to Mattie, he tells her _______________________________.
3. Ethan's defeat is reflected in his ________________________________________________.
4. Why hasn't the fire been lit?
5. Instead of asking the Hales for money, Ethan _________________________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)