|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the morning, Ethan continues to feel a spirit of ______________________.
2. In the morning, Ethan convinces himself that ________________________________.
(a) Mattie does not know she has to leave.
(b) Mattie will be better off with her relatives.
(c) Zeena might change her mind about Mattie leaving.
(d) Zeena was lying about hiring another girl.
3. As he prepares the sorrel, Ethan remembers ______________________________.
(a) The day he drove to the station to meet Mattie.
(b) The day he returned to Starkfield.
(c) The day he first brought Zeena home.
(d) The day his mother died.
4. When Zeena suggests that Mattie has "taken from her" the one she cared about most of all, she is referring to _____________________________.
(a) A tea towel.
(b) Her red pickle dish.
(c) Mattie's father.
(d) The cat.
5. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
(a) The key to the barn.
(b) The keys to the car.
(c) The sled.
(d) The key to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Ethan's kitchen a "homelike look?"
2. How does Zeena reply to Mattie's remarks?
3. What details does the narrator provide about the Fromes?
4. What room did Ethan create for himself when he returned from college?
5. Ethan is unpleasantly surprised when his wife notices __________________________________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)