|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Mattie, Ethan feels ____________________.
(a) Brave enough to stand up to his wife.
(c) Pressure to succeed.
2. How is the pickle dish broken?
(a) Ethan knocks it off the table.
(b) The cat knocks it off the table.
(c) The dog knocks it off the table.
(d) Mattie knocks it off the table.
3. Ethan is initially drawn to Zeena because __________________________________.
(a) He is old and she is young.
(b) She is industrious and he is lonely.
(c) He is poor and she has a dowry.
(d) She is beautiful and he is lonely.
4. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
(a) The keys to the car.
(b) The sled.
(c) The key to the house.
(d) The key to the barn.
5. Ethan claims that Mattie did not see him outside the church because _____________________________________.
(a) She was too busy talking to her friends.
(b) She was not looking for him.
(c) She did not expect him to show up.
(d) She went back inside to dance with Denis Eady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't the fire been lit?
2. What motif continues to suggest a promise of happiness or well-being for Ethan at the start of Chapter 4?
3. Ethan's mother suggested she was listening to ___________________________.
4. Who confesses the truth about the broken dish?
5. Ethan tries to avoid accompanying his wife to bed by claiming ________________________________.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)