|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Ethan of Mattie as he walks to town?
(a) All the cheerful couples walking about town.
(b) All the sights and sounds of nature.
(c) The sled route they were to visit together.
(d) The spot where he kissed her by the spruce trees.
2. According to Ruth Hale, who suffers most at the Fromes' house?
3. As he travels to town, Ethan dreams about ______________________________.
(a) Spending his evening waiting for Zeena to arrive.
(b) Spending his evening with Mattie like a married couple.
(c) His mother's presence in his home.
(d) Zeena's illness and death.
4. Ethan believes Mattie understands ________________________________.
(a) His desire to keep Zeena from arriving at home.
(b) His need to get the lumber delivered.
(c) His urgency to be alone with her again.
(d) His unwillingness to help her around the house.
5. Ethan asks Mattie _________________________________.
(a) If she wants to continue working for him.
(b) If she loves him.
(c) If she would like to go coasting some night.
(d) If she would like to leave Starkfield with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Ethan a sense of mastery at the end of the chapter?
2. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
3. How does Ethan solve the glue problem?
4. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
5. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)