|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan is intimidated by Michael Eady because _________________________.
(a) Eady is bigger and stronger than Ethan.
(b) Eady is a known gold digger.
(c) Eady is more handsome than Ethan.
(d) Eady is successful and flirtatious.
2. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(b) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
(c) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(d) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
3. In his anguish, Ethan finds the nerve to _____________________.
(a) Kiss Mattie.
(b) Demand money from Andrew Hale.
(c) Stand up to Zeena.
(d) Tell Mattie she is no longer welcome.
4. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
(a) Her attitude prevented her from succeeding.
(b) She had great success.
(c) Her health broke down.
(d) She became valuable to her family members.
5. Why does the memory of the Fromes' place cause Mrs. Hale pain?
(a) Mrs. Hale remembers Mattie keeping the house clean.
(b) Mrs. Hale remembers Zeena throwing parties.
(c) Mrs. Hale remembers when the house was well-kept by Ethan's mother.
(d) Mrs. Hale remembers living with the Fromes briefly before her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan's room is unusable for several months of the year because ______________________________________.
2. Why can't Ethan replace Zeena's pickle dish?
3. What surprises Mrs. Hale and her mother?
4. Mattie Silver has lived with the Fromes for _______________.
5. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)