|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Afterward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of their quiet or intimate moments are interrupted by _____________________.
(b) The wind.
(c) The cat.
(d) The dog.
2. What motif continues to suggest a promise of happiness or well-being for Ethan at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) The motif of color.
(b) The motif of light.
(c) The motif of water.
(d) The motif of darkness.
3. Ethan dreads Zeena's trips to the doctor because _____________________________.
(a) She never trusts what the doctors say.
(b) She returns sicker than she was when she left.
(c) He does not believe she is sick.
(d) They cost so much.
4. Ethan is initially drawn to Zeena because __________________________________.
(a) She is beautiful and he is lonely.
(b) He is old and she is young.
(c) He is poor and she has a dowry.
(d) She is industrious and he is lonely.
5. What task do Ethan and Mattie carry out together?
(a) They carry Zeena's rocking chair over to the window.
(b) They carry Mattie's trunk out to the sleigh.
(c) They clean up the room for the hired girl.
(d) They carry Zeena out ot the sleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wharton compares Mattie's hair to "a drift of mist on the moon," which suggests ___________________________.
2. What does Zeena want to question Mattie about before she leaves?
3. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
4. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
5. Why hasn't the fire been lit?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)