|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan's room is unusable for several months of the year because ______________________________________.
(a) It faces the sunlight in the west.
(b) Zeena uses it as a sewing room in the winter.
(c) Zeena uses it for storage.
(d) He had to move the stove to Mattie's room, so the study has no heat.
2. Ethan finds that Zeena's refusal to eat is usually followed by ___________________________________.
(a) An increase in her symptoms.
(b) Her coming down to supper anyway.
(c) Her remaining in bed for several days.
(d) Her refusal to speak to him.
3. Ethan enjoys following Zeena's orders at first because ___________________________________________.
(a) They remind him of when his mother was alive and well.
(b) They free him of responsibility to his home and family.
(c) They free him to leave the house and go about his business.
(d) He cannot run the farm without her help.
4. Wharton compares the chill in the Frome's kitchen to ______________________________.
(a) Zeena's heart.
(b) A vault after the dry cold of a night.
(c) A darkened hearth.
(d) The landscape of Starkfield.
5. Ethan and Jotham put off their trip into town because ________________________.
(a) A heavy snow was falling.
(b) The roads were icy.
(c) The roads were melting and muddy.
(d) The roads were flooded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan dreads Zeena's trips to the doctor because _____________________________.
2. Why is Zeena still awake when Ethan and Mattie arrive at home?
3. Ethan is unpleasantly surprised when his wife notices __________________________________.
4. Ethan tries to avoid accompanying his wife to bed by claiming ________________________________.
5. Wharton describes Zeena as possessing an air of ___________________.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)