|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(b) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(c) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
(d) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
2. What emotion does Ethan feel over his argument with Zeena?
3. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
(a) It is so cold that he would not be able to steer the sled.
(b) It is so dark that they might hit the elm tree.
(c) It is bad luck to sled when there is no moon outside.
(d) It is so dark that they might not find their way home.
4. When Ethan arrives, he ____________________________.
(a) Enters the dance and enjoys watching the revelers.
(b) Interrupts Mattie's dance with a man from town.
(c) Interrupts the dance to find Mattie.
(d) Hides in the shadows outside the church.
5. How does Ethan solve the glue problem?
(a) He uses wood glue from his shed to fix the dish.
(b) He throws the dish away.
(c) He uses flour paste to fix the dish.
(d) He buys it at another store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan intends to hurry home for dinner so that __________________________________-.
2. Zeena's family is offended by Mattie's father because _______________________________________.
3. As Ethan walks through the trees he passes _______________________________.
4. Wharton compares the darkened farmhouses to ________________.
5. Why does Ethan think Zeena has not arrived at home yet?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)