|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
(a) Mattie begged Zeena's forgiveness.
(b) Mattie grew stronger and more competent.
(c) Mattie asked Zeena to train her properly.
(d) Mattie grew silent and obedient.
2. Wharton describes Zeena as possessing an air of ___________________.
3. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
(a) Mattie dancing happily with the grocer's son.
(b) Mattie is forced to dance with an undesirable partner.
(c) Mattie standing alone in a corner.
(d) Mattie has disappeared into the crowd.
4. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
(a) He needs an excuse to avoid driving Zeena to the Flats.
(b) He needs an excuse to visit Mr. Hale.
(c) He needs an excuse to buy Mattie a gift.
(d) He needs an excuse to get Jotham Powell out of the house.
5. Ethan claims that Mattie did not see him outside the church because _____________________________________.
(a) She did not expect him to show up.
(b) She was too busy talking to her friends.
(c) She was not looking for him.
(d) She went back inside to dance with Denis Eady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattie lives with the Fromes because ____________________________.
2. At the end of the chapter, Ethan's last thoughts are about _____________________________.
3. Mattie is encouraged to enjoy evenings out because _______________________________.
4. Ethan's love of nature does not extend to ___________________.
5. Most of the story takes place during which season?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)