|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the pickle dish broken?
(a) The cat knocks it off the table.
(b) The dog knocks it off the table.
(c) Mattie knocks it off the table.
(d) Ethan knocks it off the table.
2. Most of the story takes place during which season?
3. Mattie quickly moves from Zeena's chair as if ____________________________________.
(a) She does not want to fill Zeena's place in Ethan's life.
(b) She can not stand the scrutiny of Ethan's gaze.
(c) Feels guilty over her affair with Ethan.
(d) She feels a sense of Zeena's presence there.
4. What happens to Ethan's horse?
(a) The horse broke its back under the heavy lumber load.
(b) The horse was ill because it was not properly cared for.
(c) The horse slipped and cut its knee.
(d) The horse slipped and broke its leg.
5. Ethan dreads Zeena's trips to the doctor because _____________________________.
(a) He does not believe she is sick.
(b) They cost so much.
(c) She returns sicker than she was when she left.
(d) She never trusts what the doctors say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses the truth about the broken dish?
2. Ethan asks Mattie to sit in Zeena's chair because _____________________________.
3. What word does Zeena use to describe the state of her health?
4. Zeena does not want to move from Starkfield because ________________________________________.
5. Why is the lumber especially hard for Ethan to load?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)