|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattie Silver has lived with the Fromes for _______________.
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) Five years.
2. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
(a) It is bad luck to sled when there is no moon outside.
(b) It is so cold that he would not be able to steer the sled.
(c) It is so dark that they might not find their way home.
(d) It is so dark that they might hit the elm tree.
3. Ethan's mother suggested she was listening to ___________________________.
(a) The radio.
(b) The television.
(c) Voices in her head.
(d) Voices from the cemetery.
4. Ethan tries to avoid accompanying his wife to bed by claiming ________________________________.
(a) He has to rebuild the fire.
(b) He has to tend to the horses.
(c) He has to go over the mill accounts.
(d) He has work to do in his study.
5. Why can't Ethan replace Zeena's pickle dish?
(a) It came from Paris.
(b) It was a family heirloom.
(c) It came from Philadelphia.
(d) It was the last of its kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Zeena still awake when Ethan and Mattie arrive at home?
2. Where is Ethan Frome going at the start of Chapter 1?
3. Though Ethan's studies were brief, the author states that he became aware of
4. As he travels to town, Ethan dreams about ______________________________.
5. While Mattie dances, Ethan notices ________________________________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)