|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan is please to find that ______________________________.
(a) He can marry Mattie when Zeena dies.
(b) He can tell Mattie of his troubles with Zeena.
(c) He can leave Mattie to take care of herself.
(d) He can share some of his passions with Mattie.
2. Since the previous night, Ethan feels a sense of _______________.
3. Ethan looks forward to the walks to meet Mattie because ______________________________.
(a) They allow him to socialize with the townspeople.
(b) These are the only opportunities he has to be alone with her.
(c) He needs the exercise.
(d) These are his only opportunities to be alone at night.
4. How is the pickle dish broken?
(a) The dog knocks it off the table.
(b) The cat knocks it off the table.
(c) Mattie knocks it off the table.
(d) Ethan knocks it off the table.
5. Ethan is initially drawn to Zeena because __________________________________.
(a) She is industrious and he is lonely.
(b) He is old and she is young.
(c) He is poor and she has a dowry.
(d) She is beautiful and he is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Mattie, Ethan feels ____________________.
2. Why can't Ethan replace Zeena's pickle dish?
3. Though Ethan's studies were brief, the author states that he became aware of
4. Ethan dreads Zeena's trips to the doctor because _____________________________.
5. As he travels to town, Ethan dreams about ______________________________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)