|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan is intimidated by Michael Eady because _________________________.
(a) Eady is a known gold digger.
(b) Eady is more handsome than Ethan.
(c) Eady is bigger and stronger than Ethan.
(d) Eady is successful and flirtatious.
2. Where is Ethan Frome going at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Ethan is going a neighboring town to seek a doctor for his wife.
(b) Ethan is walking to the church in town to pick up his wife's cousin.
(c) Ethan is walking to the church to escort Mattie and Michael Eady back to town.
(d) Ethan is walking back to the farm to find his wife's cousin.
3. Mattie lives with the Fromes because ____________________________.
(a) She is Ethan's cousin, and acts as their housekeeper.
(b) She is a hired girl acting as Zeena's aid.
(c) She is Zeena's cousin and acts as her aid.
(d) She is a friend of the family who needed work.
4. Mattie is encouraged to enjoy evenings out because _______________________________.
(a) She is an unpaid aid in the Frome's home, and might be unhappy otherwise.
(b) She has frequently complained of missing her old life of leisure and revelry.
(c) She has threatened to leave the Fromes many times, and they wish to keep her happy.
(d) She is a nuisance in the Frome's home.
5. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
(a) Get a cold from walking home so often.
(b) Get a bad reputation for dancing with so many men.
(c) Leave them soon to find another job.
(d) Leave them soon to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
2. Ethan recognizes Mattie by her _________________________.
3. While Mattie dances, Ethan notices ________________________________.
4. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
5. The Fromes take Mattie into their home because ____________________________________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)