|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan does his clearest thinking while _______________________________.
(a) Feeding the horses.
(b) Working familiar outdoor tasks.
(c) Talking to Zeena.
(d) Driving the lumber to town.
2. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
(a) Mattie grew stronger and more competent.
(b) Mattie begged Zeena's forgiveness.
(c) Mattie grew silent and obedient.
(d) Mattie asked Zeena to train her properly.
3. Where is Ethan Frome going at the start of Chapter 1?
(a) Ethan is walking back to the farm to find his wife's cousin.
(b) Ethan is going a neighboring town to seek a doctor for his wife.
(c) Ethan is walking to the church to escort Mattie and Michael Eady back to town.
(d) Ethan is walking to the church in town to pick up his wife's cousin.
4. When Ethan and Mattie arrive at home, they cannot find _______________________.
(a) The keys to the car.
(b) The key to the barn.
(c) The sled.
(d) The key to the house.
5. With Mattie, Ethan feels ____________________.
(a) Brave enough to stand up to his wife.
(d) Pressure to succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan recognizes Mattie by her _________________________.
2. Ethan immediately regrets telling Zeena he will get money from Mr. Hale because ________________________________________.
3. Though Ethan's studies were brief, the author states that he became aware of
4. Mattie is afraid ______________________________________________.
5. Why does Ethan hide outside the church when waiting for Mattie?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)