|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
(a) Only thirty-five years old.
(b) Only twenty-eight years old.
(c) Only twenty-five years old.
(d) Only twenty-seven years old.
2. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
(a) Jothan Powell.
(b) Lawyer Varnum.
(c) Denis Eady.
(d) Andrew Hale.
3. Ethan tries to disguise Mattie's unskilled efforts at housekeeping by ______________________________.
(a) Sneaking downstairs to clean up during the night.
(b) Doing most of her chores for her.
(c) Claiming that she should not be asked to work.
(d) Quietly asking her to do her chores over again.
4. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
(a) She had great success.
(b) Her health broke down.
(c) She became valuable to her family members.
(d) Her attitude prevented her from succeeding.
5. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
(a) Bring the lumber to Mr. Hale.
(b) Drive her to the train station.
(c) Accompany her to the doctor's office.
(d) Drive her to Michael Eady's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan is please to find that ______________________________.
2. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
3. What brought Ethan back to the farm, ending his studies at Worcester?
4. Most of the story takes place during which season?
5. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)