|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan is please to find that ______________________________.
(a) He can leave Mattie to take care of herself.
(b) He can marry Mattie when Zeena dies.
(c) He can tell Mattie of his troubles with Zeena.
(d) He can share some of his passions with Mattie.
2. Ethan now sees the cemetery as ____________________________.
(a) The threat of death.
(b) The promise of excitement and the unknown.
(c) The threat of stagnancy.
(d) The promise of continuance and stability.
3. Ethan is intimidated by Michael Eady because _________________________.
(a) Eady is successful and flirtatious.
(b) Eady is a known gold digger.
(c) Eady is more handsome than Ethan.
(d) Eady is bigger and stronger than Ethan.
4. Most of the story takes place during which season?
5. Mattie is encouraged to enjoy evenings out because _______________________________.
(a) She has threatened to leave the Fromes many times, and they wish to keep her happy.
(b) She has frequently complained of missing her old life of leisure and revelry.
(c) She is a nuisance in the Frome's home.
(d) She is an unpaid aid in the Frome's home, and might be unhappy otherwise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who almost runs into the elm when sledding?
2. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
3. Why is Zeena still awake when Ethan and Mattie arrive at home?
4. Ethan recognizes Mattie by her _________________________.
5. What brought Ethan back to the farm, ending his studies at Worcester?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)