|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattie is encouraged to enjoy evenings out because _______________________________.
(a) She has frequently complained of missing her old life of leisure and revelry.
(b) She has threatened to leave the Fromes many times, and they wish to keep her happy.
(c) She is a nuisance in the Frome's home.
(d) She is an unpaid aid in the Frome's home, and might be unhappy otherwise.
2. Mattie lives with the Fromes because ____________________________.
(a) She is a hired girl acting as Zeena's aid.
(b) She is Ethan's cousin, and acts as their housekeeper.
(c) She is a friend of the family who needed work.
(d) She is Zeena's cousin and acts as her aid.
3. Ethan asks Mattie _________________________________.
(a) If she would like to leave Starkfield with him.
(b) If she would like to go coasting some night.
(c) If she loves him.
(d) If she wants to continue working for him.
4. Ethan now sees the cemetery as ____________________________.
(a) The promise of continuance and stability.
(b) The promise of excitement and the unknown.
(c) The threat of death.
(d) The threat of stagnancy.
5. What is happening at the church at midnight?
(a) Christmas Eve is being celebrated.
(b) A town meeting is taking place.
(c) The church social is taking place.
(d) The church services are taking place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
2. While Mattie dances, Ethan notices ________________________________.
3. Though Ethan's studies were brief, the author states that he became aware of
4. Mattie worries that Zeena ______________________________.
5. Most of the story takes place during which season?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)