|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
(a) Mattie standing alone in a corner.
(b) Mattie has disappeared into the crowd.
(c) Mattie is forced to dance with an undesirable partner.
(d) Mattie dancing happily with the grocer's son.
2. Who visited Mattie while Ethan was away during the day?
(a) Denis Eady.
(b) Andrew Hale.
(c) Jotham Powell.
(d) Daniel Byrne.
3. Mattie confesses her fear that ____________________________.
(a) She will have to marry Denis Eady.
(b) Zeena will know about their evening together.
(c) Zeena is displeased with her.
(d) Ethan has fallen in love with her.
4. Ethan looks forward to the walks to meet Mattie because ______________________________.
(a) They allow him to socialize with the townspeople.
(b) These are his only opportunities to be alone at night.
(c) These are the only opportunities he has to be alone with her.
(d) He needs the exercise.
5. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
(a) He needs an excuse to avoid driving Zeena to the Flats.
(b) He needs an excuse to visit Mr. Hale.
(c) He needs an excuse to buy Mattie a gift.
(d) He needs an excuse to get Jotham Powell out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the story takes place during which season?
2. The day's bad weather foreshadows _________________________.
3. Ethan invites Jotham to dinner because _______________________________________.
4. Why does Ethan insist on sitting in the front of the sled?
5. What solution does Mattie propose to their situation?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)