|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since the previous night, Ethan feels a sense of _______________.
2. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
(a) Mattie has disappeared into the crowd.
(b) Mattie is forced to dance with an undesirable partner.
(c) Mattie standing alone in a corner.
(d) Mattie dancing happily with the grocer's son.
3. Ethan feels too constrained to try to touch Mattie inside the house because ____________________________________________.
(a) The house reminds him of his wedding day.
(b) The house seems to store up guilt and confessions.
(c) The house has too many happy memories of Zeena.
(d) The house has too many implications of order and conformity.
4. Wharton compares the chill in the Frome's kitchen to ______________________________.
(a) A vault after the dry cold of a night.
(b) A darkened hearth.
(c) The landscape of Starkfield.
(d) Zeena's heart.
5. In his anguish, Ethan finds the nerve to _____________________.
(a) Stand up to Zeena.
(b) Demand money from Andrew Hale.
(c) Kiss Mattie.
(d) Tell Mattie she is no longer welcome.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ethan asks Andrew Hale for money, __________________________________________.
2. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
3. What word does Zeena use to describe the state of her health?
4. Zeena objects to doctors' suggestions ___________________________.
5. Which of her partners offers Mattie a ride home?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)