|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
(a) Only twenty-five years old.
(b) Only twenty-seven years old.
(c) Only thirty-five years old.
(d) Only twenty-eight years old.
2. Ethan feels his misery is mocked by ________________________________.
(a) Denis Eady and his young friends.
(b) The decaying state of his home.
(c) Zeena's renewed energy.
(d) The beauty of the day outside.
3. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
(a) Plenty of money and advice.
(b) Money to start a new life for herself.
(c) Plenty of help, but she rejected them.
(d) Plenty of advice but little help.
4. Zeena has packed her bag in order to _________________________________.
(a) Bring Mattie to the train station.
(b) Threaten to leave Ethan.
(c) Travel to the Flats to pick up a hired girl.
(d) Travel to Bettsbridge to see a new doctor.
5. How does Zeena find the broken pickle dish?
(a) She finds it when she goes looking for medicinal powders.
(b) She finds it when the cat brings pieces of it into the kitchen.
(c) She finds pieces of it in the trash.
(d) She finds it when she goes to unpack her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattie is encouraged to enjoy evenings out because _______________________________.
2. Ethan returns home early because ___________________________________________.
3. Ethan invites Jotham to dinner because _______________________________________.
4. Mattie's only skills include _______________________________________.
5. Ethan finds Zeena _______________________________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)