|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
(a) It is so dark that they might hit the elm tree.
(b) It is so dark that they might not find their way home.
(c) It is so cold that he would not be able to steer the sled.
(d) It is bad luck to sled when there is no moon outside.
2. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
(a) Bring the lumber to Mr. Hale.
(b) Drive her to the train station.
(c) Drive her to Michael Eady's store.
(d) Accompany her to the doctor's office.
3. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
(a) Get a bad reputation for dancing with so many men.
(b) Leave them soon to get married.
(c) Leave them soon to find another job.
(d) Get a cold from walking home so often.
4. In his hurry to get be in the house with Mattie, Ethan neglects ________________________________.
(a) To deliver the lumber.
(b) Caring for Zeena.
(c) Caring for his horses.
(d) His own health.
5. Ethan recognizes Mattie by her _________________________.
(a) Cherry-colored hair.
(b) Cherry-colored scarf.
(d) Wave from across the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ethan warms himself by the stove, Mattie _______________________.
2. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
3. Ethan does his clearest thinking while _______________________________.
4. Wharton describes Ethan's mood as ________________________.
5. Ethan returns home early because ___________________________________________.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)