|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zeena asks Ethan if Jotham Powell can _________________________.
(a) Drive her to the train station.
(b) Accompany her to the doctor's office.
(c) Bring the lumber to Mr. Hale.
(d) Drive her to Michael Eady's store.
2. How has Mattie changed her appearance for Ethan?
(a) She has tied a red ribbon in her hair.
(b) She has worn her best dress.
(c) She has worn a bonnet on her head.
(d) She has borrowed on of Zeena's dresses.
3. Zeena has only made arrangements for _____________________.
(a) Mattie's trunk.
(b) Mattie's room and board.
(c) Mattie's financial obligations.
(d) Mattie's future employment.
4. Ethan's mother suggested she was listening to ___________________________.
(a) Voices in her head.
(b) The television.
(c) The radio.
(d) Voices from the cemetery.
5. Ethan finds that Zeena's refusal to eat is usually followed by ___________________________________.
(a) Her coming down to supper anyway.
(b) Her refusal to speak to him.
(c) Her remaining in bed for several days.
(d) An increase in her symptoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ethan arrives, he ____________________________.
2. Why isn't Zeena fooled by Ethan's claim that the cat broke her pickle dish?
3. Ethan needs to go into town to run what errand?
4. While they walk home, Ethan expresses his concern that Mattie will __________________________.
5. Ethan cannot buy glue from Michael Eady's store because _______________________________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)