|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan claims he continues to mention Mattie's eventual marriage because __________________________________.
(a) He is trying to get used to the idea.
(b) Zeena wants him to encourage Mattie to leave.
(c) He is burning with jealousy.
(d) He wants her to swear she will never marry.
2. Ethan now sees the cemetery as ____________________________.
(a) The threat of stagnancy.
(b) The promise of excitement and the unknown.
(c) The promise of continuance and stability.
(d) The threat of death.
3. Ethan claims sledding is dangerous on a night like this one because ___________________________________.
(a) It is so dark that they might hit the elm tree.
(b) It is so cold that he would not be able to steer the sled.
(c) It is bad luck to sled when there is no moon outside.
(d) It is so dark that they might not find their way home.
4. Zeena has only made arrangements for _____________________.
(a) Mattie's financial obligations.
(b) Mattie's room and board.
(c) Mattie's trunk.
(d) Mattie's future employment.
5. Ethan feels his misery is mocked by ________________________________.
(a) Zeena's renewed energy.
(b) The beauty of the day outside.
(c) Denis Eady and his young friends.
(d) The decaying state of his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he prepares the sorrel, Ethan remembers ______________________________.
2. Ethan's room is unusable for several months of the year because ______________________________________.
3. Mattie's note to Ethan reads ___________________________.
4. Zeena's family is offended by Mattie's father because _______________________________________.
5. Ethan cannot buy glue from Michael Eady's store because _______________________________.
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)