|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan tries to disguise Mattie's unskilled efforts at housekeeping by ______________________________.
(a) Claiming that she should not be asked to work.
(b) Sneaking downstairs to clean up during the night.
(c) Quietly asking her to do her chores over again.
(d) Doing most of her chores for her.
2. Zeena has packed her bag in order to _________________________________.
(a) Threaten to leave Ethan.
(b) Travel to the Flats to pick up a hired girl.
(c) Travel to Bettsbridge to see a new doctor.
(d) Bring Mattie to the train station.
3. Ethan looks forward to the walks to meet Mattie because ______________________________.
(a) These are the only opportunities he has to be alone with her.
(b) They allow him to socialize with the townspeople.
(c) These are his only opportunities to be alone at night.
(d) He needs the exercise.
4. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
(a) He needs an excuse to buy Mattie a gift.
(b) He needs an excuse to get Jotham Powell out of the house.
(c) He needs an excuse to avoid driving Zeena to the Flats.
(d) He needs an excuse to visit Mr. Hale.
5. Why is Zeena still awake when Ethan and Mattie arrive at home?
(a) She claims she was too cold to sleep.
(b) She claims she felt so mean she could not sleep.
(c) She claims she was worried about them in the storm.
(d) She claims she was jealous of Mattie and Ethan.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Mattie, Ethan feels ____________________.
2. While Mattie dances, Ethan notices ________________________________.
3. Mattie lives with the Fromes because ____________________________.
4. Who almost runs into the elm when sledding?
5. Since the previous night, Ethan feels a sense of _______________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)