|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought Ethan back to the farm, ending his studies at Worcester?
(a) His mother's suggestion that he get married.
(b) His father's bankruptcy.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His father's death.
2. Zeena believes Mattie enjoys living in Starkfield only because ______________________________.
(a) Mattie has her sights set on marriage.
(b) Mattie can live rent-free with Zeena and Ethan.
(c) Mattie is in love with Ethan.
(d) Mattie has no other place to go.
3. Ethan immediately regrets telling Zeena he will get money from Mr. Hale because ________________________________________.
(a) Zeena will want to spend it on whatever the doctor recommends.
(b) Zeena will want to spend it on herself in town.
(c) Zeena will want to use the cash to pay Mattie.
(d) Zeena will demand cash as soon as she arrives home.
4. Ethan knows Zeena has made plans because _____________________________________.
(a) She is dressed in traveling clothes.
(b) She is wearing her pajamas.
(c) She is still in bed when he gets home.
(d) She has ordered a taxi to take her to town.
5. Ethan looks forward to the walks to meet Mattie because ______________________________.
(a) He needs the exercise.
(b) These are his only opportunities to be alone at night.
(c) These are the only opportunities he has to be alone with her.
(d) They allow him to socialize with the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mattie dances, Ethan notices ________________________________.
2. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
3. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
4. Ethan claims he needs to collect money from Mr. Hale because ____________________________________.
5. Since the previous night, Ethan feels a sense of _______________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)