|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan now sees the cemetery as ____________________________.
(a) The threat of death.
(b) The threat of stagnancy.
(c) The promise of continuance and stability.
(d) The promise of excitement and the unknown.
2. Most of the story takes place during which season?
3. Ethan is dismayed to find ________________________.
(a) Mattie standing alone in a corner.
(b) Mattie dancing happily with the grocer's son.
(c) Mattie is forced to dance with an undesirable partner.
(d) Mattie has disappeared into the crowd.
4. Wharton compares the chill in the Frome's kitchen to ______________________________.
(a) A darkened hearth.
(b) Zeena's heart.
(c) The landscape of Starkfield.
(d) A vault after the dry cold of a night.
5. Ethan is intimidated by Michael Eady because _________________________.
(a) Eady is bigger and stronger than Ethan.
(b) Eady is more handsome than Ethan.
(c) Eady is a known gold digger.
(d) Eady is successful and flirtatious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zeena's family gave Mattie ____________________________.
2. Zeena finally stopped criticizing Mattie when __________________________________.
3. Wharton compares the darkened farmhouses to ________________.
4. Though Ethan's studies were brief, the author states that he became aware of
5. Ethan is please to find that ______________________________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)