Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lumber especially hard for Ethan to load?
(a) The logs are frozen together.
(b) The tree trunks keep breaking.
(c) The wagon is too short to carry them.
(d) The tree trunks are slippery.
2. Zeena's cat ____________________________.
(a) Watches Ethan and hisses at him.
(b) Falls asleep on top of Mattie's sewing.
(c) Claws at Mattie when she sits in Zeena's chair.
(d) Watches them through narrowed eyes.
3. Ethan's love of nature does not extend to ___________________.
4. Ethan senses something went wrong with Zeena because _______________________________.
(a) Mattie refuses to cook dinner.
(b) Jotham Powell refuses to stay for dinner.
(c) Zeena demands that Mattie serve her dinner in her bed.
(d) Zeena refuses to allow Jotham Powell at dinner.
5. When Mattie tried stenography and bookkeeping, _________________________________.
(a) She became valuable to her family members.
(b) Her health broke down.
(c) Her attitude prevented her from succeeding.
(d) She had great success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ethan's horse?
2. Throughout the morning, Ethan continues to feel a spirit of ______________________.
3. Zeena is described as an old woman, although she is ____________________________.
4. Ethan is unpleasantly surprised when his wife notices __________________________________.
5. Ethan cannot buy glue from Michael Eady's store because _______________________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)